Website background image not visible on mobile browser

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
DreamCars-Rental

Re: Website background image not visible on mobile browser

Post by DreamCars-Rental » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:26 pm

@crispy68 thank you very much for what you have done ! Using masterheader and layout grid are two things that are very new to me, I've never used them and will have to go back to the tutos and learn a little bit before being able to understand how you have done all that.
Maybe it will be good invested time for me to learn those new way of building the site.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:33 am

I really don't get it.
You do not have to make a copy to use the same style. A style can have different properties in breakpoints.

If you are using "Heading 4 <h4>"' then you will need to add the breakpoints to that style, not make a copy.

DreamCars-Rental

Post by DreamCars-Rental » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:47 pm

Ok, I got it now. No text error anyore. And the 'auto' is in. Thanks for your patience.

Now, is the way that crispy68 built the demo site using masterheader and layout grid the only way to get what I want to work properly ? I mean just having an image background showing nice on various screen sizes isn't possible while using masterpage and not layout grid ?

crispy68

Post by crispy68 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:15 pm

I only used layout grids to show you a better way in making your page and to be more responsive as you mentioned having issues with objects staying centered in a previous post. Layout grids have nothing to do with the background of the page.

DreamCars-Rental

Post by DreamCars-Rental » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:01 am

Thanks, this sounds also logical to me and I would love it to be so easy because before going forward with layout grids and so on I have to be able to get that bloody background working properly. Unfortunatelly this is not the case yet. I've now copied (for the index page only) exactelly all the properties of your project for all what is regarding the page properties, background properties and also breakpoint properties... but in the end I do not get the same result. (Only speaking about the background result here and not the elements placement off course.)

On your exemple website if I reduce a little bit the browser window size, the background image stay perfect:
https://www.wizbangwebdesign.com/demo/b ... exNEW.html

On my website if I reduce a little bit the browser window size, the background image get stretched and cut to the top and bottom. If I keep reducing the window size after a while the background slowly become correct again. This makes no sense for me :?
https://decouvreur-de-tresors.com

DreamCars-Rental

Post by DreamCars-Rental » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:17 pm

Well, switching from using a 'masterpage' to using a 'masterframe' solved the background difference I mentionned in my last post.

I'm now studying the layout grid stuff...