Site taking way to long to Publish

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Vinylwraponline

Site taking way to long to Publish

Post by Vinylwraponline » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:11 pm

Hi
Have been using WYSIWYG WB v6 and Trail v14 trying to get new site published. Just using 0ne small image of site under construction and one line of text to test. It takes way way too long to publish, it will hang and program becomes non responsive. Eventually after way too long time it will publish the test page, but even then it sometimes WYSIWYG states publish failed when in fact it did actually publish????

Have been back and forth with host trying to trouble shoot the problem but with no joy. Heres their last message (below) (ATSPACE is the host, used them before their very good). I'm out of ideas. Have any of you guys out there experienced this. I'm not using big images and only one line of text. My internet speed is 40MB with 10mb upload. So why the big delays in publishing. I just don't get it. It worked like lighting last year when I used it on different site but same host. Oh well any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Ann Marie
---------------------------
From ATSPACE

Hello ***********,

Thank you for contacting us.

Our best guess is that during the publishing process where you save your site to your PC the document encoding is changed by WYSIWYG site builder and that results in the gibberish that you are seeing. Our best advice in this case is to open a support thread on the support forums for WYSIWYG site builder:
http://forum.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/viewforum.php?f=5

You can also ask about the slow rate of FTP upload through WYSIWYG site builder since this also appears to be an issue with the program itself rather than our server.

Feel free to reopen this ticket in case you have more questions or you need further assistance.

Thank you for choosing our services.

Best Regards,
Ernest
Dedicated Support Team
Supportindeed.com

--------------------------------------------------------------
Hello ************

Thank you for contacting us.

As already informed please change the encoding for your file to UTF-8 and re-upload it and let us know if the same issue occurs.

Feel free to reopen this ticket in case you have more questions or you need further assistance. Thank you for choosing our services.

Best Regards,
Steven
Dedicated Support Team
Supportindeed.com

----------------------------------------------------

PS Tried all there advice including checking that encoding was right as above but still no joy

Pablo

Re: Site taking way to long to Publish

Post by Pablo » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:11 pm

Did you configure you firewall to allow full access to your Internet connection?
Did you try winsock for publishing instead of wininet?

Note tat there are no know issue with FTP publishing in WB14, otherwise they would have already been fixed.

Related FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=36493

Vinylwraponline

Post by Vinylwraponline » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:44 am

Yes.. its configured for the firewall and already tried winsock publishing. Still takes forever and a day. I can confirm that there is no problem with me host, so its defo a problem my side

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:24 am

What information is in the publish blog?