Should I Use PHP or HTML For Website Design

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
stevo

Should I Use PHP or HTML For Website Design

Post by stevo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:36 am

Hi. My last website was created with WWB using PHP settings rather than HTML. The web developer said that PHP is best or preferred. We had another site created with WWB and it is HTML.

Is PHP preferred method? If PHP is preferred and it was created in WWB 14, is it easy to change it over by changing the setting and uploading it? Do we first need to clear the target web folder before we do this change?

Thank you in advance.

Psycho

Re: Should I Use PHP or HTML For Website Design

Post by Psycho » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:02 am

You would be best deleting the contents of the server if you are changing file extensions because you are "not overwriting" existing files, you are simply adding the same site but with a different file attribute and I would imagine, the index.php would take preference over an index.html, so if the new site using the html extension is different to the present site using php, you probably wouldn't see the changes you have made.
I have enough money to last me the rest of my life - Providing I die by next Tuesday

WWBman

Re: Should I Use PHP or HTML For Website Design

Post by WWBman » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:31 am

If there is an index.html AND an index.php file then the server will look at the index.html first. So if the page you want to be used is index.php then delete the index.html file.

There is no difference in the output by just changing pages from html to php.
Pages only need to be php if you use anything that requires php e.g. the built-in PHP Form Processor or any extension that specifies the page must be php.
However, if you think you might in a future update need a page that uses php then it's probably easier to start with php for that page.
E.g. you might decide to add a form or extension to a page that currently is html.