changing the project PC

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
IanRob

changing the project PC

Post by IanRob » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:25 pm

Hi

I am changing the PC that I use for Webbuilder

I have copied the project across. However, when I open it on the new machine all the images are pointing to the absolute locations on the old machine.

Is there an easier way of transferring without having to go through all the images and change the locations?

Thanks

Pablo

Re: changing the project PC

Post by Pablo » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:29 pm

Did you copy all files, including the project folder?

Related FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1884

IanRob

Post by IanRob » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:29 am

Thank you for your response Pablo

It has taken me some time for me to understand why my transfer was not working properly

If I transfer the complete folder from one machine with the 64bit version of WB14 to another machine with a 64bit version, it works correctly and all the image paths change automatically, as long as the project was created on the 64bit version

However, I think (but cannot be 100% certain), if I take a project created on the 32 bit version on one machine, and transfer it to a second machine with a 64bit version, then all the paths remain as per the first machine.

Under these circumstances, even if all the paths are then changed on the 64 bit version, the paths do not change automatically when changed to another 64 bit WB14 location.

In other words, I think the problem is that if the original project was developed on the 32 bit version, the paths do not alter whenever they are transferred in the future on the 64bit version

I hope that makes sense.

Ian

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:41 am

Projects for the 32bit version are the same as for 64 bit. Files and paths work exactly the same.
However, there may be an issue with permissions. The 32bit version may have been installed with different credentials, so if you copy the project then files may not be accessible for the application.
This can be solved by taking ownership of the project folder. This is standard Windows functionality, not directly related to WWB.