Inserting Master page

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Amretired

Inserting Master page

Post by Amretired »

I am at version 12 right now. This version has been working fine until about a week ago. On the “Index” page the “Master Page long” disappeared. I did not delete it, it is just not there. The rest of the page is all there and working fine. All the rest of the web site works fine.

The problem is, trying to get the Master page back on to the index page.
1. I have double left clicked the “Master Page long” in Site Manager, the Master page comes on the index page but the rest of the objects are gone. I right click on the Master page on the index page and select “Move to Back” and WYSIWYG closes.
2. I try to drag Master Page Long from Site Manager to the index page and nothing happens except the cursor turns to a red “X” when I get the cursor on the index page. If I try to move any object on the index page to the back, with “Move to Back” WYSIWYG closes.
3. If I just try to move any object, on the index page with the “Move to Back”, WYSIWYG closes.
4. Is there setting I am missing?

Gary
Pablo

Re: Inserting Master page

Post by Pablo »

Maybe you have removed extensions used by the project, so the page(s) can no longer be loaded?
Did you get an error when you opened the project?
Note that it is unlikely that the software suddenly works differently, if you did not change anything. This version of the software has not been changed recently, so it still work the same as a few weeks ago.
Amretired

Post by Amretired »

I get no error message at all. The site loads fine, just the Master page on the index page only is missing. I agree that
I have a total of 20 pages for the web site. Only one page, the index page, has the problem. The rest of the web site is fine. I am not sure how you remove/delete an extension. Using a backup copy, I guess would be an another option would be to restore the site to what it was. Not sure how to do that though.
Amretired

Post by Amretired »

I just installed ver 12 on my tablet that is running Win 10 with all the latest patches installed. It does the exact same thing. I right click a blank area where the Master page is supposed to be, select properties, go to the Miscellaneous tab, click select next to the master page box, select the master page I want, click ok and click ok again, master page not showing, so I right click text below where master page should br and select move to back, and WYSIWYG closes.
Amretired

Post by Amretired »

I checked the extensions. I made a list of the extensions back when the sites was created and all the extensions are there now. I just created a blank page, added a master page and added text and tried to move master page to back, and WYSIWYG closes.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

To be able to help you I need your project file, so I can see what you have done.

Related FAQ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/ ... 10&t=82134