Sitemap question

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
pacstar

Sitemap question

Post by pacstar »

Does the sitemap option scan the "live" website or does it create the sitemap from the WWB file?

I'm asking because I am over-writing a current site, so only part of the site is currently created via WWB. The rest is existing site.

So if I tell WWB to create the sitemap, will it include the entire site, or just the pages built in WWB?

Thanks
Pablo

Re: Sitemap question

Post by Pablo »

The file is created from the pages in the Site Manager, not the the content on the server.
To include other pages you can create a 'dummy' page in the Site Manager and set it to 'don't publish'
pacstar

Post by pacstar »

Pablo wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:51 pm The file is created from the pages in the Site Manager, not the the content on the server.
To include other pages you can create a 'dummy' page in the Site Manager and set it to 'don't publish'
Thanks Pablo,

That's a good option! I'll just us a third party sitemap builder until the site is completed.

I'm sure this isn't possible, but some sites have 500+ pages, so manually creating dummy pages would take a long time. Could the reverse be done somehow? Could WWB pull or read the urls from an exiting sitemap and create the dummy page holders? (I don't see that this would be a very common request) Just asking.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I'm sorry that is not possible.
pacstar

Post by pacstar »

Pablo wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:12 pm I'm sorry that is not possible.
No Problem. Thanks