Scaling/Sizing Error

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
GCS

Scaling/Sizing Error

Post by GCS »

Got a odd glitch of sorts with form boxes warping by merely clicking on them. (See below)

How it should look...

How it does after clicking on it...

I was using a form for each "box" to keep the contents together, and have 300+ of these boxes across the site. Most are fine, but there are about 6-8 across various pages that do this. Any idea what might be causing it and how to prevent it?

(Using WYSIWYG v11.6.4)
BaconFries

Re: Scaling/Sizing Error

Post by BaconFries »

Without actually seeing what you have done it is difficult to help! It is also best to provide a url so we can view... but please also note WB11 is no longer supported.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Note that based on the screenshots there is not much we can do to help you.
Normally we would ask you to share the project but version 11 is no longer maintained or supported.

Many improvements have been made since this version.
So, please try to the latest version to see if the problem has not already been fixed.
GCS

Post by GCS »

Firgure the software would be "beyond the warranty" so to speak, but wondered if anyone had seen this issue before.

Here's a URL with the error...
http://grindercrusherscreen.com/page2.html
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Your page contains several third party scripts.
Does it work when you remove those scripts?
GCS

Post by GCS »

The only 3rd party scripts I have are Google tracking on pages with the boxes. That said, with or without scripts I get the same error. Wwith or without scripts, it's not every box that's affected like this either, only 2-3 per page at most.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Forms should not be used for this purpose.
Basically only one form should be used per page. Also, the action of a form field may not be empty.

In the page properties you have selected "Emulate IE8", this is a very old browser so I recommend to set this to 'none' instead.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Firgure the software would be "beyond the warranty" so to speak
Without sounding rude but does MS still support the likes of XP, Windows 7 outside the "beyond the warranty" so to speak? As Pablos reply the use of emulate IE 8 shouldn't be used as IE8 is no longer supported so set to none. Also you have used textareas for text this is not its purpose it is for text but for user input only if you require text to be used you can use the text object. Again WB isnt supported even though it has been kindly given here.
GCS

Post by GCS »

Ah, forgot all about that setting. Will do.

Are you suspecting that multiple forms on the page is what's caused some of them to warp like that, or is that just going to be a mystery?

On a related note, the boxes are typicall 925x250 pixels. When I click on it and get the "resizing glitch" it can go to 925x400+ and I can't resize it by any method thereafter (not even editing the dimensions in the properties). The only thing I can do to fix the boxes that do that are "undo" or make a new box from scratch and hope it does warp again.

@Bacon, yes. I do use TextArea in each since some boxes have a lot more information and need to scroll.

...and a great many thanks to all for the replies on an unsupported version.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Are you suspecting that multiple forms on the page is what's caused some of them to warp like that, or is that just going to be a mystery?
To be able to help you with this I need the project file so I can see all your settings.
However, the way to have implemented the layout now is not correct. It may work, but it is just is not right.