Header/Footer/Grid Width & Screen Background

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
StudentDonald

Header/Footer/Grid Width & Screen Background

Post by StudentDonald »

1.) Cannot find the tool or feature for a screen background that fills the screen behind the page with similar attributes as the page background. If there is no feature or extension could we please have one?

2.) How do you keep a header/footer from extending across the screen within the page width?

3.) Same question for the layout grid, it does not stop at the max width setting.

Thanks a lot
crispy68

Re: Header/Footer/Grid Width & Screen Background

Post by crispy68 »

#1 - not sure what you mean by 'background that fills the screen behind the page'. Do you mean the actual page background? This is under Page -> Page properties -> Style -> Background. If you don't actually mean the page background, can you explain more?

#2 - Are you wanting the header/footer width to only be the 'page width' as set in the page properties or the full width of the browser window? How are you building the page? Are you using floating method with layout grids or fixed elements like layers, etc.?

#3 - It can depending on how you are creating it.

Can you give more detail on how you are going about creating the header and how you want it to work?
StudentDonald

Post by StudentDonald »

1.) 'background that fills the screen behind the page', exactly. Nothing to do with any object or the page. When the screen is wider than the page at any width the background fills the sides.

2-3.) Do not want the header or footer past the page side borders. I thought I've tried all the setting in the properties boxes, missing something. The header and or layout grid border is always at full width. Which is not what I want.

Easy to do with the two other programs I have. Master frame and bootstrap kernel types. But they don't have the flexibility that WWB has, that's why I'm here.

Thanks for you help crispy
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Ok from reading I think you are trying to achieve the following.
1. Have a background image that fills the page.
2. Have the content including the header/footer so that they don't stretch across the page and still be able to see the background on either side.

In that case do not use Flex Grids or Layout Grids but use Floating Layers and breakpoints. With this you should be able to achieve what you are after by setting the floating layer to to centre alignment positioning the content to match the width of each breakpoint used.

See the following
Floating Layers
Which layout mode should I choose?

See also the following templates notice the content centered with the background (colour not image but same principle) showing either side.

http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/templates1.html

crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

@studentDonald,

#1 - the background of the page/browser window is handled thru the page properties -> Style section. Some users mistake the background of the content to be the background of the page which is not essentially the same. As BF suggested using bp's, the gray section is the page background and the white background is simply using layers and adding a color to the background of the layer.

#2 & #3 - This could be achieved different ways. It depends on your design. Without really know what you are trying to do, it is hard to direct you in the correct direction. Floating layers, layout grid, etc. with BP's could all possibly be used.

If you could send me a simple example of what you are trying to do, I may be able help you further.
StudentDonald

Post by StudentDonald »

Thanks for your help BF and crispy! Originally I just wanted to use layout grids and not have to mess with BP's and layers. Which appears not to give as much control as I would like. So I will check out the links, see how the templates were made, check the user guide and embedded help. Also several you tube videos on layers are available. I'll check back in after doing my homework. There's nothing like asking questions without checking reference material and trying at least a few times the features in question. :P

Best Regards
StudentDonald

Post by StudentDonald »

After trying layout grids (default mode) again with better results and layers I'm going to try the other options within the layout grid. Aiso the flex grid. Have questions about that so I will open another post.
Kind Regards