google map not showing

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
strmzap

google map not showing

Post by strmzap »

Adding a map to my site. i got the url and embed code from google. tried using the html object but can't get the map placed anywhere but top left corner of webpage no matter where i put the html object frame. so i tried inline frame object and put in url of map. iframe shows in preview and published but no map. using same iframe object, i put in url for wwb and it shows up great. what am i missing here? i don't know code which is why i'm loving wwb. thanks tons
crispy68

Re: google map not showing

Post by crispy68 »

If you are putting it into an html object, make sure that the Type is set to: Use <div> to set position and size of the HTML so it is placed where you want it.

If it is set to: Do not use <div> then it will be placed in the upper left. This option is used if you want to use in a floating layout (ex:layout grid).
strmzap

Post by strmzap »

Thanks Crispy!! I have the html object centered in the wwb page but it shows in preview quite a bit right of center. Can I center it without knowing code?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

As what crispys suggestion also ensure you have a valid developers key for the map otherwise it wont display.
strmzap

Post by strmzap »

Thanks, Bacon Fries! It's showing up gr8 in preview. I haven't published it yet tho.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Without seeing what you have, there's a couple of things to check:

1. what do you have the page alignment set to in page properties? is it set to 'do not center' or 'centered'?

2. Make sure you set the width & height of the html box to match the width & height that you created the map at. Ex. if your map is 800 x 400 then make sure the html box is the same. Then try centering the html box on the page.
strmzap

Post by strmzap »

width & height is set to 100%. Set the box size by using the ruler guides on the side & top of screen or is there another way?
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

width & height is set to 100%
What is set to 100%?

You mentioned you got the embed code from Google so I assume it is the iframe code correct? Can you specific on the steps you are using to add the code? Is the html box just put on the workspace? Is it in a layout grid?

Exactly how wide and tall is your map supposed to be?
strmzap

Post by strmzap »

yes, it is the iframe code i got from google that i copied and pasted into the html box. Yes, box is just set in wrk space, no layout grid. My steps for setting it up is- "Type" = "use <div> and overflow is set to default. I pasted the code next to the "1" in the "html" box. Box is 900 wide x 550 high now, to match what i set google code settings to be. I've centered the box and it's wrkng gr8. I made a whole new box for the 320 breakpoint and used same method to set it up.
strmzap

Post by strmzap »

You have solved my problem. Thanks so very much!! I'm still unsure why the google maps URL that I copied and pasted into the IFrame wouldn't display in preview or when published. Any other URL I put in there worked perfectly. Again, Thank you for sharing your knowledge, Crispy. You saved the day !!