Any Grid Extents Past Page Width in Browser

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
StudentDonald

Any Grid Extents Past Page Width in Browser

Post by StudentDonald »

Tried many different setting including maximum width of course. Have not tried the Overflow and Semantic options. If I put a border on or background in, then preview any browser the grid extends past the page for the full screen width. ??? Missing something for sure.
Using today's build, 64 bit on a win 10 machine for CAD. (About ready to go back to bootstrap. :| )
Thanks
crispy68

Re: Any Grid Extents Past Page Width in Browser

Post by crispy68 »

What exactly are you trying to do?

a layout grid in general will always fill the width of the browser window. If you are wanting to limit the content within the grid to a certain width, then you set the max width option in conjunction with manipulating the number of columns.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Maybe you have placed fixed content inside the layout grid, so the grid cannot be come smaller?
StudentDonald

Post by StudentDonald »

(Yes, I do not want the grid border/background to extend past the page width. And yes the grid contents do not extend past the page and works as it should with objects inside.)

I'm setting the max width and it does it with no content or object inside. It's works fine as it should collapsing down in preview with the browsers. And with one, two or three frames across with an image or text inside.

Thought about it last night and will try some things after work tonight. Sometimes when I add a grid, just a grid and nothing else the page width jumps to 2500+ pixels that I have set at 1330. So I may have a corrupt program, project file or a doubtful bug.

So I will try a clean install and start a new project with a single page with not master page/frame and see what happens. (As Pablo suggests one step at a time.)

If that does not work I will try the 32 bit version. If that does not work I will try on a normal i7 box with win 10 home instead of the Xeon box with win 10 pro. I doubt that's the problem but it does have a different set of instructions.

If the border or background of a grid always extends the full screen width then I'm SOL.

Thanks
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

To be able to help you I need to see what you have done. The software has thousands of options so it is difficult to say which are causing the conflict for you.
I do not think it has anything to do with 32bit vs 64bit.

Related FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82134
StudentDonald

Post by StudentDonald »

ALL RIGHT, OK, THANK YOU

In the meantime (lunchtime at work)a couple of questions.

1.) A layout grid (default option, bootstrap) content floating, layout fluid and max width set to the page width and using a border or background set in styles. It is normal behavior for the border or background to extent past the page and cover the full screen when pulling the browser past the page width? Note that the grid framework stays at the page width, that's not the problem. Nor is there a problem with how the grid functions, I'm all OK with that.

2.)If this normal behavior, then how do I stop the border/background from going past the page width to full screen?
I want the grid border and background not to extend past the page width.

Thanks a lot!
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

the border/background will be full width, unless you add a dash/minus character in front of the max-width value (see the help).
StudentDonald

Post by StudentDonald »

:D Alright, life is good. The layout grid is working fine, as it should and I have a page/screen background.

Thank you Pablo and crispy!