Images displayed in Gallery

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
kevindef

Images displayed in Gallery

Post by kevindef »

Hi,

I'm doing a project that has a Gallery with a lot of images (photos). I mean, a lot! I wonder if there's a way to have theses images saved on another folder, instead of the default 'image' folder when published?

Thanks.
Pablo

Re: Images displayed in Gallery

Post by Pablo »

Maybe you can place the page with the gallery in another folder in the Site Manager?
Then the images will not be in the main images folder.
rogerl

Post by rogerl »

If you are using the WB Slideshow or Gallery there is an option under "Advanced" to use the images from a folder on the server. It will then offer you the ability to input the folder name located on your server.
To add the images use the "File Publisher" object by adding a new folder, being the name of the folder on the server, then add the images you want to that folder.
When you upload your page that folder will be created on your server and the images saved there. If you want your images to be presented in a specific order make sure the image names are such that the software can sort by name.
If you later want to add or replace those images make sure you delete the folder on the server first before uploading and reselect images in the File Publisher as well.
kevindef

Post by kevindef »

Thanks heaps guys, both these option looks promising. And thanks rogerl, for your detailed tutorial on the solution. And yes, I am using WB Gallery, so your suggestion should work.

I will give them a try and see how it goes.

Thanks once again.
rogerl

Post by rogerl »

Also meant to say when you change to this option you need to change the page extension from html to php
kevindef

Post by kevindef »

Hey Rogerl,

Guess what? I tried your option with the Gallery...nothing worked. So I took some screen shots and came back here to post and ask what I was doing wrong; I then saw your last reply on March 6th reminding me to change the page extension from HTML to php, and voila - it WORKED! I blinked once, twice, yep! It's still working.

Thanks mate, appreciate the effort you put in to help out a fellow WB
rogerl

Post by rogerl »

Excellent! Sorry about missing that last bit of vital information. I had read a post from Pablo on a different matter that required the same action which triggered my brain to go check if I had covered that. I'll put it down to old age!
I followed this path as I have so many slide / video shows on my site and I was finding the WB image file was full of redundant images. Literally hundreds of them. So when Pablo announced the new option I was so pleased to be able to isolate images to a specific page / folder which made it easier to maintain.
I have received so much help from fellow Forum members both with this software and my previous package, it's good to be able to give something back from my experiences.
kevindef

Post by kevindef »

Thanks mate, legend!