Image names being overwritten.

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
richrich

Image names being overwritten.

Post by richrich »

With my old web editor I was able to put images into their own specific unique image directories. Now with WWB images are being lumped into an image directory WWB is pre setting. My site has hundreds of pages with hundreds of images. Initially when I started using WWB I was finishing a page and then going back to it a week later to find the image changed. It was because I built a page after it that had the same image name which overwrote the old image. I just went in and renamed one of the two images and it was fixed. But, is there a way for WWB to alert you that you are about to overwrite a prior image name. I have no problem renaming images but hope I don't have to check the huge image directory for a duplicate every time I name an image. Most any computer program I ever used asks if you want to overwrite a duplicate file or image name. WWB is not doing that though. It's letting you overwrite a prior image without knowing.Then weeks later find an image has been wrong on a page for a week. Is there and overwrite warning switch that can be turned on? Rich
Pablo

Re: Image names being overwritten.

Post by Pablo »

I'm sorry, there is no warning message. The software assume that if you use the same it is a newer version of the same image.
You can post suggestions in the "Suggestions' section of this forum. If more users finds it useful then I will consider adding it to a future version.
zigleon

Post by zigleon »

I would definitely find this useful as I also found out the hard way that images were being over written.
richrich

Post by richrich »

Thanks for the support zigleon. I posted a suggestion in the suggestion area. If you can go over and second it there. Thanks Pablo, zigleon.

Rich