Hard exit when to many lines of txt are used in a txt box.

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
richrich

Hard exit when to many lines of txt are used in a txt box.

Post by richrich »

I have built 400 pages with WWB on my 1 site now and am happy so far with how stable the program is. But I have found one thing it doesn't like and gives me a death exit when I do it. Some of my text pages are super long. Like say 20, 30, 40, 50 pages deep of text on one page. So I highlight the text on a page I'm bringing into WWB. It's the 20-50 pages long. I paste it into a WWB text box. It craps right out of WWB. I mean out. The program is gone. I load WWB back up and keep breaking the text up into smaller parts until the program does not death exit. I just use multiple txt boxes and layout grids to get all the text onto one page. The reader cannot see the multiple txt box and layout grids. My question is, what's the max text characters, lines, etc that can be used in 1 text box or layout grid. Like I say, I just keep cutting down the lines of text in 1 text box, layout grid, till it doesn't death exit but is there some kind of preset limit on text put into a text box, layout grid, that will cause a hard program exit? Other then that I've been good with WWB stability after 400 pages in this 1 project. Rich
Pablo

Re: Hard exit when to many lines of txt are used in a txt box.

Post by Pablo »

I have never heard about this behavior before, but it sounds like a 'out of memory' error.
Do you use the 64bit version?

Note that WWB uses the standard text editor component of Windows (richedit), so I have no control over how copy/paste works.
richrich

Re: Hard exit when to many lines of txt are used in a txt box.

Post by richrich »

Now that you say out of memory error that may be it. I'm using the 32 bit version. Like I say, splitting up the layout grids - text boxes cures it. Was just curious if there was a stated cut and paste amount limitation. So the answer is depends on memory. Got it.

Rich