image in google search results

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
wyndham

image in google search results

Post by wyndham »

I'm sure it must be in the meta tag section but I don't know how to implement it. This is where the google search results show a high lighted box with larger text and a description in smaller text that might be the description. Since I just completed and uploaded my first small wp and google has not crawled it. I don't know what the search results will look like.

2nd part is that there was a placeholder page at my url, it still shows up even though I have gone into the hostserver and replaced the index.html and other deleted all the older files. my site is vpmseagrove.com If you do a search you will see what I mean on both issues. thanks for any help. this is a great program, thanks Pablo
Wyndham
Pablo

Re: image in google search results

Post by Pablo »

Do you mean this?
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/structured_data.html

What do you mean by 'place holder'?
Where exactly on the page do I need to look?
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

If you are referring to the text that shows up under your listing on google, this information is usually pulled from your Title and Description tags. Yes, these are meta tags you need to fill out for each page in your website.

Currently, your Title tag just says 'Home'. Not very descriptive. The reason why you are seeing other text/info here when searched is Google must have crawled the domain name and what was there was the temporary page most hosting sites put up for you until you upload your website.

To expedite these changes, after you've filled out the meta tags and upload your site, make sure to upload a sitemap as well. If you haven't already, you need to get a Google webmaster account (free), add your website and submit your sitemap to Google. This will help speed up the process of Google crawling your site and eventually you will see the descriptions when you search changed.
wyndham

Post by wyndham »

looks like rich snippits is what I was referring to. I'll start working on it.
thanks for the help

i
wyndham

Post by wyndham »

Since this is my first build it was a test both of wb14 and loading to the server. I have much more work to do but i think(for me) it's better to learn on a small setup than make a bigger site and fumble around in inexperience.
Yes Pablo that's what I was looking for.
This was a webspace that came with our biz phone/dsl that I never thought much about til I got WB14. I had to talk to tech support at Centurylink to learn the correct path with sub directories, they don't have help files,but good phone support