The file does not have the right format....

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
mercury17

The file does not have the right format....

Post by mercury17 »

I build a website about 1,5 years ago using WYSIWYG 12 ( or 12.5.1 NL ) and some commercial extensions ( menu )...
I have not upgraded anything since due to health-issues that forced me to postpone all activities regarding webbuilding.

Now I need to update a facebook-link in the menu used so I started Wysiwyg 12.5.1 and choose to open the wbs-file of this website.
To my surprise, WYSIWYG throws up a message that "this file does not have the right format. It may have been created using a newer version of WYSIWYG"...
I have not updated anything since then, so, what to do..?
It will not open the .wbs-file and I need to adjust that menu..?

Please help..?
Pablo

Re: The file does not have the right format....

Post by Pablo »

Usually this indicates that the project uses extensions which are not installed.
If you have the latest version then the application should tell you which extension is missing when you try to load the project.
mercury17

Post by mercury17 »

Thanks for your reply Pablo but like I wrote:
I did not upgrade or change anything on the pc I use, not when it comes to WYSIWYG webbuilder, its installed extensions or the OS ( besides the regular Windows updates ofcourse ) so I'm confused.
I will go checkout all installed extensions but I am sure that webbuilder is in exactly the same configuration as when I last time saved this website and its wbs-file.
Although I have licensed WYSIWYG since v8, I have never experienved this behaviour before.
I'll keep you updated on my progress.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Something must have been changed otherwise it would work the same as before.
The software itself will not make any changes to your files or system if you do not use it.