*** SOLVED *** 'Unknown error' when opening WYSIWYG

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
TheRule

*** SOLVED *** 'Unknown error' when opening WYSIWYG

Post by TheRule »

Hello,

Normally, when opening the program, it opened with my website. The last few weeks however it opens with the pop-up message (translated from Dutch) "An unknown error occurred at an attempt to gain access to an unnamed file". When clicking 'OK' the message reappears several times before it finally stays away.
The first few times when this issue occurred the program finally opened with my website (as was usual) but today it just stayed 'empty'.

This problem may have started (I'm not sure) after the latest upgrade of the 14-build. Now I have upgraded to 15 but it perseveres and is still there. The main difference is that in 14 the pop-up reappeared several times and in 15 it only seems to (i don't have this upgrade very long yet) pop up once.

I have checked the eventvwr.msc but can't find any notification about this problem in the Windows log files.

I do not know if it is important but the *.wbs file is not on my laptop but in the documents folder of my OneDrive cloud.

Hope you can help, thanks for your attention.
Pablo

Re: 'Unknown error' when opening WYSIWYG

Post by Pablo »

I am not familiar with this error.
I have never seen or heard about this error before.
Maybe one the extensions is corrupt?

You can try this:
Before opening the application rename
Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\
to
Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder_backup\

Do you get the same error?
TheRule

Re: 'Unknown error' when opening WYSIWYG

Post by TheRule »

Thank you, the problem seems to be solved. I have renamed the folder as advised and the program opened without any notification. I then could open the file from the newly created backup folder and even restart the program without any difficulty, so it was not corrupt.

I also think that I now know why the problem occurred in the first place: After so and so many years of using your program (i think I started using it in 2011) it has slipped my attention that during all this installing, reinstalling, upgrading and so on, WYSIWYG has somewhere in time (i have not noticed when this was) created a second, double WYSIWYG folder in Documents. So I think it just did not know what folder to choose from.

Thanks again!