Use of Layers

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
WWBman

Use of Layers

Post by WWBman »

I have never used a layer in any of my projects and I have always been curious about the number of users who seem to use layers and the number of posts that ask about layers.
Is the use of layers by some people triggered by their use in previous software used before WWB?
Is there anything in web design that only layers can achieve?
I'd love to know why layers are used instead of flex options/layout grids/page headers/footers/content place holders etc.
zinc

Re: Use of Layers

Post by zinc »

WWBman wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:38 am I have never used a layer in any of my projects and I have always been curious about the number of users who seem to use layers and the number of posts that ask about layers.
Is the use of layers by some people triggered by their use in previous software used before WWB?
Is there anything in web design that only layers can achieve?
I'd love to know why layers are used instead of flex options/layout grids/page headers/footers/content place holders etc.
I have been with WWB since version 5 or 6 I think and ONLY used layers. I do not remember not using layers in my designs. Because of my excessive use of layers RZ has kindly produced several tools to enhance the use of layers at my request.

For me layers are the best thing since sliced bread. (Of course my opinion).

Z
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
rogerl

Post by rogerl »

I use layers based on past experience with previous software and was all I knew when faced with re-writing my web site when I first came to Web Builder then again when re-writing to accommodate mobiles and tablets. I have to admit when flex options was introduced I simply thought I'm past learning yet another way of doing things when I already had a result I was happy with.
WWBman

Post by WWBman »

Very interesting replies so far. Thanks.
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Hi WWBman. When I started using WWB there was no flex, grids etc. So some of my projects still uses layers. When updating one project I try also to change layers into layout grids and flex boxes, but there are moments when it doesn't work without changing the layout to much. But the good thing is that you can use layers in responsive designs by making them "flexible" and "fluid", then you can mix them with the flexible design elements :)
So when you nead to place objects in specific places in the layout that you must change in the other breakpoints and not having to get forced by the "grids" the layer is a good option.
"Make My Day"

See my Website