Acces denied because the application does not have enough permissions, or another application has the file open and lock

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
ART

Acces denied because the application does not have enough permissions, or another application has the file open and lock

Post by ART »

Recently I get this message regularly and cannot save my work.
Acces denied because the application does not have enough permissions, or another application has the file open and locked
This is of course not nice. Any suggestions?
Pablo

Re: Acces denied because the application does not have enough permissions, or another application has the file open and

Post by Pablo »

Maybe you have opened multiple instances of the application and the file is locked?
Or maybe Window's Randomsware protection blocks access to the folder?
BaconFries

Re: Acces denied because the application does not have enough permissions, or another application has the file open and

Post by BaconFries »

As Pablos reply. A workaround for this is to simply rename the project temporarily, save, reopen, save again as the original name and reopen again and continue working on the project.
ART

Post by ART »

Thank you for your quick reply. I have set WWB to warn me for opening a second time and i do not allow that. I am not familiair with window's randomsware protection. But Indeed it was possible to save the file in a completely different location. Have to find out to avoid this issue in the future. Thanks again
ART

Post by ART »

Thanx BF I did use that trick previously, but today it was not possible to do that. (i.e. save within my WWB docs folder)
Curt

Post by Curt »

I've been similarly blocked by the same message. This after composing much new text for my website and then clicking the Save icon in the upper left. Only one form of the program is open. Windows indicates that no programs have recently been blocked. Yikes! How do I save my work?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Did you try "Save As' to another location?
Curt

Post by Curt »

Pablo wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:35 am Did you try "Save As' to another location?
I copied my fresh text, closed the program only by clicking "don't save", reopened the program and pasted the text. That worked, and I was no longer prevented from saving.

Can the program be fixed to prevent this issue from reemerging?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

This has nothing to do with the software. Saving files is standard Windows functionality. The software itself does not have any logic for locking files or changing permissions.
Beth

Post by Beth »

Yes, this has happened to me too.
It is easy to just re-name the web as something else like (myweb2), shut down, and go back ane rename it again to the old one (myweb). Then when you open "myweb2" just save it as "myweb" and move along.
Takes a few moments, but it's better than losing all of your work.
ART

Post by ART »

I have been using WWB already for a long time. If i recall well there was a setting to prevent WWB from opening multiple time but i can not seem to find it.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Tools -> Options -> General -> Display "Application is already running" warning.