Line Length (WB v15.2.3)

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
ChalkyW64

Line Length (WB v15.2.3)

Post by ChalkyW64 »

I am encountering a problem when working with lines in WB v15.2.3, and searching for 'line length' on here resulted in nothing relating to my issue...

I add a line from the toolbox and let go of the mouse, then alter its end point (using the mouse or CTRL+Right-Arrow) - and the line length changes accordingly. However, when the page is previewed in a browser, the line length has reverted to what it was when I let go of the mouse immediately after creating it (i.e. all alterations following its initial creation have been discarded during export). The same thing happens if I try to alter the length of a line pasted from somewhere else in the project.

WB obviously knows the amended length, as it displays it correctly in the editor, but I cannot find way to manually access the 'end coordinates' property to see what it thinks they are (the properties window only has Position x and y coordinates). Is there a text-based method for editing line end coordinates elsewhere in the program?

Also - the editor is rendering lines as a red bar rather than the colour specified in the properties window (in my case: 1 pixel, dark grey) which makes WYSIWYG editing impossible [for lines] (the same lines are, however, rendered in the correct colour when viewed in a browser window).
Pablo

Re: Line Length (WB v15.2.3)

Post by Pablo »

Maybe your browser has cached the old page?

Tip: include a demo project or URL so we ca see what you have done.
ChalkyW64

Post by ChalkyW64 »

I thought after restarting my PC that you were right and the problem had gone, but this is not so. Refreshing my browser (or clearing the history/cache) makes no difference to the length of an altered line, no matter how often I try. The line is rendered fine in the default breakpoint, but too short (in the browser only) in others, and changing it in WB (where it is displayed correctly for each breakpoint) makes no difference.

However - apologies for the red bar claim - I now realise this was because I had previously pressed SHIFT-CTRL-R but forgotten after several hours of editing... :oops:
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Please include the URL of the page or link to a demo project so we can see what you have done.
ChalkyW64

Post by ChalkyW64 »

Sorry Pablo - I did see your request first time, but was unsure how to submit my project.

Anyway, I have just changed tack and deleted all the problematic lines from my project before replacing them from the toolbox - and the issue has gone away (the lines now appear the same in the editor/browser).

I have no idea why, but things are now working as expected - so I can only assume the original line definitions had somehow become corrupted.