html settings

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Chameleon

html settings

Post by Chameleon »

Hi I am trying to insert some code from phpjabbers into a web page without any luck so far.
Can someone explain where I should be inserting said code into the listed places?

1. Copy and paste the code below at the very top of your .php page. It should be line 1 of your .php web page.

2. Copy and paste the code below into your html code, where the forum will be displayed.

3. Copy and paste the code below at the very bottom of your .php web page after all the other code.

for 1 I have inserted it into the page html "start of page"
for 2 I have put an html tool into a layer on the page and put the code into it
for 3 I have opened the page HTML again and put it "after <body> tag"
I have the page ext set for PHP and uploaded it to a test site but nothing shows??

thanks,
jerryco

Re: html settings

Post by jerryco »

Does your browser show the .php page when you visit your site? Or maybe there is an old index.html that prevents loading the .php page? .html comes first.
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

1. Copy and paste the code below at the very top of your .php page. It should be line 1 of your .php web page.
Page HTML -> Start of Page
2. Copy and paste the code below into your html code, where the forum will be displayed.
Add an HTML object.
3. Copy and paste the code below at the very bottom of your .php web page after all the other code.
Page HTML -> End Of Page

Note that there is generally no support on custom a code because for me it may also take a lot of time to figure out how to use the code.
However, WWB will not change the code, it will be published "AS IS". So, if it does not work then either the code is invalid, it is placed in the wrong place or it conflicts with other code on the page.

To debug PHP errors you will have to enable PHP error logging on the server.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

do you have a link to the page? I'm very familiar with their scripts.
Chameleon

Post by Chameleon »

Hi folks thanks for the help.
I will give it another try later.
I have one page uploaded to www.club.theorbe.co.uk

Cheers
Chameleon

Post by Chameleon »

made the changes as per Pablo's suggestion but still nothing? when viewed online i get my under construction page ok but it shows the code
{SF_LOAD}
where the forum should be. I have this code in an HTML object but the code shows not the forum??
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Without knowing how the code works, it is very difficult to say anything meaningful about this.
Chameleon

Post by Chameleon »

No Probs I will play about with it and see how it can be implemented.

Cheers.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

On the install page in the backend of the script, make sure you enter the correct web address for the web page where the forum is put.

For example: www.club.theorbe.co.uk/index.php
Chameleon

Post by Chameleon »

Cheers Crispy68

I already had that set. It seems that I need to install on the main domain and not cross domain ( according to phpjabbers it will not work on cross domain).
I will try it out later when I get my office back from my other half who has evicted me so that she can work from home :lol:
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Ahhh, yes. That is a very important piece of information to have known. Once you do it on the main domain it should work.