CSS file with same name in multiple locations

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Hbrownell

CSS file with same name in multiple locations

Post by Hbrownell »

How can I generate a single style css that covers the entire site and have all styles point to it? I don't see an option anywhere, and when I generated my website I saw multiple files listed as the same name but all have different attributes causing conflicts..

I just went through the site upload and never found a styles.css. I exported one, but I'm wondering why it wouldn't have been included on the upload?
Pablo

Re: CSS file with same name in multiple locations

Post by Pablo »

Global styles (created in the Style Manager) will be saved in one file.
Local styles will be saved in a page specific file.
This can be configured in Tools -> Options- > HTML
Hbrownell

Post by Hbrownell »

I see the option to "Generate single CSS style sheet for global styles", but what css file is that and where is it located? (I can't seem to set that)
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

By default it will be generated in the same folder as the page.
The filename is the same as the project name.

You can change the path for specific file types in Tools -> Options -> Publish
Hbrownell

Post by Hbrownell »

To be clear I'm assuming you mean the destination folders for the file type? IE .css goes to whatever fold I assign it to?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Correct

See also the help (F1)
Hbrownell

Post by Hbrownell »

Okay, I did that and published it to my local WAMP. However in both the preview and the server version, neither recognize the css style.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

What do you mean by 'neither recognize the css style'?
Is there an error?
Hbrownell

Post by Hbrownell »

I mean I have tried every variation (including wiping out old versions from folders every time) and still can't get the style from what I expect to what I get. I don't see an error (in truth I don't know where to look but nothing has shown as such) the style sheet is there, and I can see the format that I want, but the page doesn't seem to care about that distinction.

What I expect

What I get
Hbrownell

Post by Hbrownell »

Dumb question, can LayoutGrid's accept a predefined style? I'm noticing that the text boxes have no problems with the styles, but the layoutgrids do.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Layouts grids are for layout purposes , they do not support predefined styles because this could scramble the layout.

Tip: if you need my assistance then please share a demo project so I can see what you have done.

Related FAQ: https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 10&t=82134
Hbrownell

Post by Hbrownell »

THAT's a big note you might want to mention on your page about the layoutgrid. But it does beg the question, why even include the option if it's not going to work? Is there another encapsulating object I can use to create a border around a field of text and images that WOULD accept a predefined style?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The option does work, but it may have effect on the behavior of the grid.
It was added for advanced users.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

If you can share a demo project of just the page you are working on, it would be easier to help you. Based on your images, it looks like the background is transparent rather than white and no border. Are there other things not correct? There are so many options and sometimes different ways to achieve things. Loading up your demo project would greatly help.
Hbrownell

Post by Hbrownell »

You can try this stripped down version.

https://henrisandbox.com/files/PowerPlusOnline.com.zip

The SANI-Fogger under equipment is what you're looking for.
Hbrownell

Post by Hbrownell »

I think this is what you're asking for.. the other was a published page.

https://henrisandbox.com/Files/Testfile.com.zip
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

So, in looking at your file, there are some things needing corrected.

1. You have the page alignment set to 'center horizontally'. Since you are using layout grids, you should change this to 'do not center this page'.
2. You have 3 layout grids nested. Only 2 nested layout grids are allowed. You need to remove Layout Grid5. You will need to rethink your setup.
3. You default view should be your widest view. You have a breakpoint 1024px that is larger than your default. You need to increase the default to something bigger. I would suggest 1366px. Breakpoints should never be wider than the default.
4. As for the background of LayoutGrid7 (behind text), the background is controlled by the color you select for the background of the grid and the border you want can be simply achieved using the border property of the grid. No need to try and make a separate 'style' for this. It appears you already have info put in their under custom.

5. I'm also not sure that placing a Carousel inside Tabs, inside a layout grid, inside another layout grid is advisable. Pablo may be able share more on this.
6. Curious, why do you have the slideshow inside a layout grid only to be placed inside a cell of another layout grid? Why not just place the gallery in the first cell of LayoutGrid4? What is the need for the LayoutGrid8?
Hbrownell

Post by Hbrownell »

1. You have the page alignment set to 'center horizontally'. Since you are using layout grids, you should change this to 'do not center this page'.
Okay, I can do that.

2. You have 3 layout grids nested. Only 2 nested layout grids are allowed. You need to remove Layout Grid5. You will need to rethink your setup.
The Grid7 in question is the second in the nest. If that's the case shouldn't it work?

3. You default view should be your widest view. You have a breakpoint 1024px that is larger than your default. You need to increase the default to something bigger. I would suggest 1366px. Breakpoints should never be wider than the default.
Okay, no problem

4. As for the background of LayoutGrid7 (behind text), the background is controlled by the color you select for the background of the grid and the border you want can be simply achieved using the border property of the grid. No need to try and make a separate 'style' for this. It appears you already have info put in their under custom.
The background is acually in Grid4 that's an image I didn't include. However, the background on grid7 is a translucent white. I'm repeating this same layout for a number of different products. So, that's why I want to use a predetermined style.

5. I'm also not sure that placing a Carousel inside Tabs, inside a layout grid, inside another layout grid is advisable. Pablo may be able share more on this.
How can I have columns in these areas then? I need the tabs and I'd like them to be within the field of grid 7. I'm open to suggestions on how to accomplish this.

6. Curious, why do you have the slideshow inside a layout grid only to be placed inside a cell of another layout grid? Why not just place the gallery in the first cell of LayoutGrid4? What is the need for the LayoutGrid8?
Wanting to control the size was the main reason I used the grids. I don't see an option to control it with the slideshow. I'd really like to have something on there that shows that there are other images, but I haven't found any image slideshow / carousel that would work how I need it to.
Hbrownell

Post by Hbrownell »

Disregard point 6, that one worked itself out real quick. I took out the extra grid and used the carousel I was using in the tabs.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

#2 - Sorry if I wasn't clear. You can only go one level deep on nesting layout grids.

For example, lets say you have Grid1, Grid2 and Grid3. You can put Grid2 and Grid3 inside Grid1. That is 1 level. What you can't do is put Grid2 inside Grid1 and then put Grid3 inside Grid2. This would be 2 levels.

In your layout, you have LayoutGrid5 inside the tabs which is nested inside LayoutGrid7 which is nested inside LayoutGrid4.

In the above image, LayoutGrid8 and LayoutGrid7 are ok as they are 1 level deep but LayoutGrid5 is not as it is inside LayoutGrid7.

#4 - I understand what you are trying to do but it doesnt work. I can see that in the workspace it does color the background but when previewed/published it doesnt work. Only Pablo can comment on this as I dont know if this is a bug or as intended due to the fact that style has many other options that would not work for a layout grid.

#5 - Having the tabs inside LayoutGrid7 is fine and should be ok. It's LayoutGrid5 inside the tabs that is the issue.

My suggestion: remove the tabs and all the text from LayoutGrid7, set aside and delete the grid. Place all the text and tabs back into Column2 of Grid4. This will solve the issue of the nested grids as Grid5 is now 1 level deep (not 2). Open up Grid4, select the right column and click edit. Add the background color white here and set the border to what you want and save it. This will give you a similar look and be responsive (see below):

Workspace:

when previewed:

If you are going to reuse this setup, why not save it as a block. Then all you have to do is drag it onto the workspace each time you want to use the exact same layout.
Hbrownell

Post by Hbrownell »

The reason why I need styles is because I'd like to be able to change pages of items to different colors / styles with changing a few digits over changing lots and lots of pages..
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

I understand. Maybe add it to the suggestion section to have Pablo set up a simple style for backgrounds, borders, etc. for grids, layers, etc.