Text starting on 2nd line

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Hbrownell

Text starting on 2nd line

Post by Hbrownell »

I love using the web builder, but the next vertical alignment is driving me a bit batty. I can't get the text to ever truly be in the vertical center because it always seems to adjust to a second line. How can I adjust this?!
crispy68

Re: Text starting on 2nd line

Post by crispy68 »

What is the text object being placed in? Can't tell from the picture alone. Can you describe the steps you are taking?
Hbrownell

Post by Hbrownell »

I drag a text box into the page, edit the text. I then change the alignment in the LayouGrid to "center" and the system to "flexbox". I'm not sure where the problem exists. I've tried removing all formatting and then going back in to start over, dragging the corners, nothing seems to work.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

For the text to center vertically, there has to be something else inserted into the layout grid (one of the other columns) that is technically larger than the text box. What else are you inserting? If you are only inserting 1 text object then it should already be centered as it is the only object. Also, keep in mind depending on the font you are using it could be a bit off but you could add padding where needed to help with centering.
Hbrownell

Post by Hbrownell »

I've tried a few fonts and while others do center well. This one will and won't. In some places it's okay, and others I can't take it back to okay. I've tried downloading a few different versions of the font, but all have the same result. Since I'm not looking to switch fonts right now I don't know if others have the same issue. Is there a different in this program for TTF vs OTF? There is nothing else in the grid.
Hbrownell

Post by Hbrownell »

It gets better. I apply a "style" to the text and it centers. I can then remove the style and it stays the same.. oi..
Pablo

Post by Pablo »