Using Cards as popups

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
MGD4me

Using Cards as popups

Post by MGD4me »

I have been using Cards as popup 'tips' for a while, and for the most part they work very well.

My site has 4 viewport settings. The smallest breakpoint setting is 320px. Someone complained the popups get in the way on the smaller screen size, and it becomes difficult to navigate around them.

I am looking for a way to only display the popups on the three larger viewports. I tried unselecting the 'visibility' of the cards for the 320px breakpoint, but that doesn't have the desired effect. It removes the visibility of the card in the work area, but when the page is published, the 'button' to which the card is linked still triggers the popup. Also, if I delete the card in the 320 breakpoint, it is deleted in all others.

How can I only have card popups in the larger 3 breakpoints, and not in the 320?

Thanks for any tips...
Pablo

Re: Using Cards as popups

Post by Pablo »

The popup is controlled by JavaScript, so the visibility if not affected by breakpoints (CSS).
But can't you just hide the trigger instead?
MGD4me

Post by MGD4me »

can't you just hide the trigger instead?
Good suggestion... I will try that. Thanks.
MGD4me

Post by MGD4me »

can't you just hide the trigger instead?
Perhaps I'm not looking in the right place. The only 'trigger' selection I see is for the card properties, where I can select 'none', hover', etc. If I select 'none' in the 320px breakpoint, then this change causes the other breakpoints to also be 'none'.

An alternate way to trigger a popup, is to open the properties of the 'button' which I want to display a tooltip. There, I can create an Event, 'onmouseover' to cause the Card to open when hovering over the 'button'. Unfortunately, the Event is duplicated in all breakpoints, and if I delete the 320px Event, the others are deleted as well.

Back to square one ....
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I was referring to the hiding the button.
Events apply to all breakpoints.
MGD4me

Post by MGD4me »

I was referring to the hiding the button.
Since 'the button' is the essential element, I am going to have to re-think my approach. Actually, there are 5 buttons in total, and the Cards were a handy way to provide a viewer with additional helpful information.

My thoughts right now, are to just use a number of Cards, instead of buttons, since a card can also contain a button to link to other pages, which is the end goal anyway.

Thanks for your continued support! 8)