changing displayed URL on browser tab

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
wmdino

changing displayed URL on browser tab

Post by wmdino »

Hi All,

New to the forum and relatively new to WYSIWYG Web Builder.

Great software and learning curve is fast, but I do have a question. How do I display the text I want on the browser tab rather than have it display the URL on the browser tab? In other words, when I have my website link to an external link, the browser tab displays the URL of the external link. I would like to change this to display my own selected text. (I am actually linking to my public_html folder to display a PDF file, JPG file, etc. and would like the browser tab to display the name of the file rather than the URL.)

As a side question, how do I get an icon (.ico) image (my logo) to display on the browser tab?

Thanks in advance,

- Bill
Pablo

Re: changing displayed URL on browser tab

Post by Pablo »

The 'Title' property in the page properties specifies what the browser displays on the browser tab.
You can set an icon in the 'Icons' section of the page properties.
wmdino

Post by wmdino »

Thanks, I didn't think this would work if was an external link since the external URL is not really a "page" within WYSIWYG WB, but rather something "outside"

In this case, the link in my project references a PDF file that is in the public space of my control panel. That PDF is loaded by the browser, not WYSIWYG WB.

So, there's no "page properties" associated with the PDF file. Am I still missing something?

- Bill
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You cannot control the title of an external file.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Not sure if this is what your trying to achieve. Note this is for information only with no support.
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... ment/title
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/288 ... in-browser
wmdino

Post by wmdino »

Yes, that second link was helpful, thank you. Pablo, thank you, that was my suspicion and you confirmed it.

However maybe I am complicating something unnecessarily.

I am working on a website for a local non-profit arts society. They are having a show next month and want to display a large number of medium/high resolution images (the art) on the site in the form of PDF files. I felt that if I created a WYSIWYG WB page for each PDF that it would both cause very extended upload times each time I uploaded new content and also cause significant delays in web response all of the pages were loaded at once (since there are probably about 100 images).

What I did was to simply add a few small images of each artist's work and a hyperlink to the PDF that contained all of the images. That way, all I have to do is an FTP transfer to my public_html folder for the PDF files.

Basically, I am trying to minimize the time for both project uploads to the server and maximize the user experience when they start accessing those pdf files containing all the images and text.

- Bill
bkjohns

Post by bkjohns »

If your client is really stuck on pdf files, about all I can suggest is that you explore the various options out there for creating pdf files as some create much larger size files than others with equal quality.

If the client is open to alternative methods of display perhaps a photo gallery would be helpful. WWB has several options for them and some offer the automatic generation of thumbnail images for speed optimization. Probably have to create a page for each artist and implement your preferred method of setting up links to those pages. The down side is the viewer can't download a pdf with all of the artwork for offline viewing.
wmdino

Post by wmdino »

Thank you! I will look into that. I think the way they are doing it involves a combination of text with various formatting along with the artist images so they may want to stay with the PDF. We might be constrained to PDF but I'll mention the photo gallery as well.

- Bill