Free template: mwd

Please post free templates here
filmphotog

Free template: mwd

Post by filmphotog »

Free WYSIWYG Web Builder template: mwd

I made a simple template for the WWB. Perhaps someone is interested in using this template as a start and continue to modify the page.

Terms of use: Free

Extensions needed: None

No licensed images were used.

Responsive Web Design

- 7 breakpoints, 320 360 400 540 620 700 900
- No javascript is used
- One-page layout

Fully functional demo (I opened a new domain for this template)

Template for download (grey)

Template for download (red)

Template for download (blue gradient)

Template for download (rose gradient with picture)

Template for download (blue-green with contact form)

Template for download (dark blue with contact form)

Hope this template is useful, thanks.
Last edited by filmphotog on Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
wacki56

Re: Free template: mwd

Post by wacki56 »

Thank you again!

Bill
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

I love this template so much. It's pretty and clean. Now I have to say I haven't really gotten grip on how to use RWD yet, this template seems to do the work for me. Now I have a question. This is going to be very stupid but I'll ask it anyhow. Is it true that you use the same image (when using an image) for all breakpoints? It seems that I need to add the image on all breakpoints seperately. Is this the way to do it? Or is there a way to make all breakpoints use the same image?
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!
filmphotog

Post by filmphotog »

jerryco wrote:I love this template so much. It's pretty and clean. Now I have to say I haven't really gotten grip on how to use RWD yet, this template seems to do the work for me. Now I have a question. This is going to be very stupid but I'll ask it anyhow. Is it true that you use the same image (when using an image) for all breakpoints? It seems that I need to add the image on all breakpoints seperately. Is this the way to do it? Or is there a way to make all breakpoints use the same image?
Thank you very much for the comments! :D The RWD is a new concept so it's ok, yes I use the same image for all breakpoints so far. If the image is 100x100px you can resize it to say 20x20px in WWB. When placed at the left border it will be visible in all breakpoints. Each breakpoint can then have a different size of this image.

wacki56 - Thanks for your comments too!
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

Thanks for your assistance. I can't get the image to appear in all breakpoints when I place it on the left in Default view. Could you please break down the steps? It's a photo btw. I used Resample in WB.
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!
filmphotog

Post by filmphotog »

jerryco wrote:Thanks for your assistance. I can't get the image to appear in all breakpoints when I place it on the left in Default view. Could you please break down the steps? It's a photo btw. I used Resample in WB.
Is the image on a layer? The layer needs to be unlocked to add the image (see the object manager so the image is "child" of the layer).

To prepare you could first check all breakpoints for a place it will be visible, for ex. at x:0, y:700. The layer is sometimes moved up or down in the breakpoints.

Does it work now?
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

Got it, unlock the layer, paste the picture and turn Visible on on all breakpoints. Why are there multiple layers instead of one?

filmphotog

Post by filmphotog »

jerryco wrote:Got it, unlock the layer, paste the picture and turn Visible on on all breakpoints. Why are there multiple layers instead of one?
Great! :D I use layers as containers, move the layer and everything on it moves too. Another reason is to have different background colors, and layers that expands full width of the screen with different backgrounds.
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

When I don't use a picture, all text content moves in all breakpoints at the same time. When I add a picture in Default view, this behavior stops. Why?

jerryco

Post by jerryco »

Now it does seem to work. I will get in touch when I start to make a production website. Thanks so far, expect stupid questions ahead :)

filmphotog

Post by filmphotog »

jerryco wrote:Now it does seem to work. I will get in touch when I start to make a production website. Thanks so far, expect stupid questions ahead :)
Great! :D Questions are welcome.
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

Just a question, are you a PHP/MySql enthousiast?

filmphotog

Post by filmphotog »

jerryco wrote:Just a question, are you a PHP/MySql enthousiast?
I've just used php for the standard WWB contact forms, so not much more. I've read the large sql course at uni but not used it after this..
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

Okay thanks.

jerryco

Post by jerryco »

Can you help me? I tried to use this template for my own website, deleting things and copying them, but it's not working. I probably completely wrecked it. Can you correct my error? It doesn't work momentarily (resizing the browser only uses the default view).

http://www.thuisinjelichaam.nl/TIJL.zip

Could you mail it to ik@thuisinjelichaam.nl?

Oh, please, I still use version 10. Can you use that?

filmphotog

Post by filmphotog »

jerryco wrote:Can you help me? I tried to use this template for my own website, deleting things and copying them, but it's not working. I probably completely wrecked it. Can you correct my error? It doesn't work momentarily (resizing the browser only uses the default view).

Could you mail it to

Oh, please, I still use version 10. Can you use that?
Hi, I'm looking at this and I'll use WB10.