Showing and scrolling layers *** UPDATED Aug-26-2012 ***

In this section you can announce self-made paid extensions.
*** THIS SECTION CONTAINS PAID EXTENSIONS ONLY ***
[RZ]

Re: Showing and scrolling layers *** UPDATED MAR-25-2012 ***

Post by [RZ] » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:14 pm

you can post your project here if you want, or post just a link to your site.
anyhow, i want to see your web, i mean your final work! want to know how it worked for you in a real site.
and about your question, i will think on adding a new option to the ocpn extension, maybe something like this:
[√] go to first layer when opening.
what do you think?

ps:
currently, if you want to go to the first layer, you can do it right now but via links with events.
on click / javascript -> MyObject_goto(1);MyObject_open();
replace MyObject with the real name, of course.

supersonictt

Post by supersonictt » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:11 pm

I published the work to a temporary address, as it is not final. So here it is:
http://www.racketreaction.com/new
Please have a look and let me know what you think.
Am planning on converting my whole site to layers system using your extensions, it really added a professional value to it.
And about my question, it would be really great to have this option, I think you will get exactly why I want that when you see the site I provided before.
I will try what you suggested about going to the first layer using events and will report back.

One last question please. When you go to the link above, there is a (+) on the top right side of the first image after you click the button "WHAT WE DO", please click on it, another layer will appear. On the right, there is a text and in the end the text has a link (here), I want this link to close "WHAT WE DO" layer and open a "CONTACT US" layer (it is not yet ready in the demo site I provided), is this possible? Actually this question came out from another thing I wanted to as you about, in your demo site of the your layer extensions, clicking on "PANEL [A]" open the layer, how can I do that? I mean there is no option to do this exact thing in the properties of the extension, so I guess I have to it manually, or maybe in another way?

[RZ]

Post by [RZ] » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:29 pm

there is a text and in the end the text has a link (here), I want this link to close "WHAT WE DO" layer and open a "CONTACT US" layer (it is not yet ready in the demo site I provided), is this possible?
whatwedo_close();contactus_open(); (replace whatwedo and contactus with be the real layers names)
there is no option to do this exact thing in the properties of the extension, so I guess I have to it manually
you can use the oc2 extension (synchronized open/close), but i think there is no need to do this, for your case, will be a far simpler to add these two events in your link.
hope this helps.

the option to go to the first layer in the ocpn extension will soon be available, stay tuned.

supersonictt

Post by supersonictt » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:49 pm

As you can see in the demo site, "WHAT WE DO" has a fixed layer (layer0). Now I added another ocpn extension with layer prefix pop, and I added another layer (pop1), so for the "here" link, shall I do it using events? onclick - javascript - Layer0_close();pop_open(); ... This way?

And for what you are going to add in the new features, THANKS A LOT FOR THIS :)

[RZ]

Post by [RZ] » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:02 pm

forget the layer0, layer1, layer2, etc...
you must point to the extension name, the name given in the object manager, and the _action().
let's say whatwedo is the extension (the object name).
let's say the whatwedo object manage the layer0 and the layer1, or just the layer1, or whatwedo_1, or whatwedo_0, whatwedo_1, whatwedo_2, etc, etc, etc.
forget the whatwedo_X layers. just point to the extensionname_action().

from the first post or from the info attached file:

Available functions for events in standard text links:
MyObject_open(): open an individual layer or a layer from a group.
MyObject_close(): close an individual layer or a layer from a group.
MyObject_switch(): open or close an individual layer or a layer from a group - if a layer is opened, then will be closed and viceversa.
MyObject_goto(n): go to a specific layer number from a group (pagination).

hope this helps.

(ps: think simple, don't overcomplicate yourself.)

supersonictt

Post by supersonictt » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:15 pm

Hehe yeah, I always think things are complicated! Plus, I didn't read the first post fully! My fault :oops:

Thanks a lot [RZ] for your generous help :) waiting for the new update :)

[RZ]

Post by [RZ] » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:09 pm

didn't read the first post fully
nor the attached info file... ;)
waiting for the new update
BETA already available (look at the "advanced" category).

*** EDIT ***
link removed - the fix is obsolete and is no longer available
Last edited by [RZ] on Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

supersonictt

Post by supersonictt » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:20 pm

AMAZING :)

I really appreciate your quick response :)

Thanks a million [RZ]

supersonictt

Post by supersonictt » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:27 pm

[RZ]
It would be great if you provide an example in the next project for oc2 to see how synchronization work :)

[RZ]

Post by [RZ] » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:47 pm

It would be great if you provide an example in the next project for oc2 to see how synchronization work
again, from the first post:
DEMO

open the oc-2 extension.
take a look at the property "group" from the "general" category (and its description).
you can enter the group name that the set of layers belongs to:
"main", "group a", "group b", or the name you want, just type in the name.
if you open a layer that belongs to "group a", the other layers that also belong to the "group a" will automatically be closed and the clicked will be opened.
if you set "belongs to all groups" no matter what layer is currently open, all of them (except the "don't synchronize"d ones) will automatically be closed and the selected will be opened.
just play a while with them and in a snap you will understand by yourself.

supersonictt

Post by supersonictt » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:54 pm

I didn't miss that one this time ;)
And yes, I am currently playing with this oc2, because I think my website will have three tabs: "ABOUT US", "WHAT WE DO" and "CONTACT US", so when clicking on "HOME" it will show the home layer, and when clicking "WHAT WE DO" while home layer is showing, I want to get closed and "what we do" layers to show and so on. So I guess oc2 is the best choice for that, right?

[RZ]

Post by [RZ] » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:55 pm

that's right, and this is how it works.

supersonictt

Post by supersonictt » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:59 pm

Thanks a lot, I will test it, and try to implement my work to it and show you the result.

supersonictt

Post by supersonictt » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:16 am

[RZ]
Hello again :)

I worked on oc2 as I said before which this extension matches what I need, but I bumped into something!
I have 3 oc2 extensions: "Home", "What we do" and "Contact us". In the properties of each one of them, under general section, I set "Group" to "belongs to all groups".
"Home" and "Contact us" working great. Now "What we do" should have something like the one in the demo site I provided before (4 layers with next previous), and since oc2 extension can have one layer, here is what I tried to do as a workaround:
When clicking "What we do" button it opens the base layer and a transparent layer. Inside this transparent layer I placed the pagination extension with the 4 layers I want. Until this point, everything is working perfectly.
Now, if -for the oc2 extension which belongs to "What we do"- I change the base layer open/close effect to slideup, the extension crashes! What exactly happens is if I click "What we do" button which opens the oc2 extension, it takes me to white page with the down button of the pagination on the top left of the page, and that's it! Weird ha?!! And any other effect (EXCEPT "Fade") will do the same crash!

I can post the project here with if you would to have a closer look about what happens.

[RZ]

Post by [RZ] » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:34 am

please post a link to the site, and zip your project here, i'll take a look into it.