[rz] FullScreen iFrame (site wrapper) *** UPD 2013-Nov-12 **

This section contains extensions that were created by [rz] who has sadly passed away.
These extensions are no longer available, but the discussions may still be helpful for some users.
Forum rules
*** IMPORTANT INFO REGARDING [RZ] EXTENSIONS ***

This section contains extensions that were created by [rz] who has sadly passed away.
These extensions are no longer available or supported, but the discussions may still be helpful for some users.
[RZ]

Re: FullScreen iFrame (site wrapper) *** UPDATED May-10-2012

Post by [RZ] »

@pcllw
thanks for your interest in this extension.
i tested the online demo, made with the last version as you say, and didn't find any issue (in safari).
can you post your "problematic" sample project? this way i can see what happens...
Rob

Post by Rob »

May I ask - how does this work in ipad / iphone? Or has this question already been asked? Also, what is the best way to set up in a site using a content place holder?
The Website Guy - MN
Small Business Web Design
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

how does this work in ipad / iphone?
as far as i tested, it works fine; anyhow, please try it by yourself.
Or has this question already been asked?
yes, you already asked about iframes on idevices in another thread (http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... =5&t=54076). so, please try this extension by yourself so as you can know how it works in your device and how it works for you. also please read some previous posts on this thread that may help you.
Also, what is the best way to set up in a site using a content place holder?
how is this question related to this extension?

with regards and thank you for your interest in this extension.
Rob

Post by Rob »

RS - the other question is what led me to this thread. : - ) Concerning how to set up in a master frame with a content place holder - that is I wanted to set it up so that the header / footer of the master frame was not covered up. Upon playing with it for a few minutes (just to test) I figured out the top and side margins but not the bottom. But thats ok. Now I only have to make up my mind - do I want the inset iframe or the full page iframe for my blog page. Thank you so much.

Edit - changes uploaded. It certainly looks nicer in ipad etc. but not using an ipad on a regular basis how does the scrolling work? Confirm?
The Website Guy - MN
Small Business Web Design
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

you can set up top right bottom and left margins, this extension was fully tested and is working ok.
i don't have an ipad, i can't confirm, but was tested by others that didn't report any issues.
oleerik

Post by oleerik »

Hello!

Im wondering if there is a solution to this: I use this extension on a website I am making, but a function in the website inside this frame is not working.
More spesific, the fullscreen toggle button.. (Upper left corner) Is there a workaround on this??
Here is the site in question : http://www.oleerik.com/005
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

i assume that you understand how inlineframes work.
sorry i cannot give support on third parties' codes (the page you are embedding into your iframe), you should contact the developer.
mnwitten

Post by mnwitten »

I'm currently at work so I'm unable to give you an example of the problem I'm having...but I will simply ask if you have any suggestions in tracking down what I've done wrong. At home, I was using your FullScreen iFrame and everything was working fine. I have it on a page with the top setting at 245 to show the masterobjects header I'm using. The page has a black background. On the masterobjects header I have a carousel and the CSS menu supplied with WWB. For some reason, while everything works in Chrome, in IE11 and Firefox, a black box appears and covers the masterobjects header. I've tried removing the carousel and css menu, I've tried playing with "move to top"...I've currently tried everything I can think of.

At work, however, with a test project...everything works in all those browsers. I would be happy to post a sample tomorrow showing what is happening, but for now...do you have any immediate thoughts?

Thanks!
mnwitten

Post by mnwitten »

Additional info: At home I'm running Windows 8.1 in desktop mode but at work I'm running Windows 7.
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

a problematic sample project and screenshots will be very useful...
mnwitten

Post by mnwitten »

Understood. I will upload something in the morning and post here again. Thanks!
mnwitten

Post by mnwitten »

RZ...you can browse to http://metaltechasylum.com/problem.html with either the latest IE or Firefox and should see the problem. With IE, the entire header is covered with black but in Firefox, a small portion of the header remains near the top...but most is covered. Any ideas? Just so my sample isn't too confusing...that page has a header with your iframe starting at a top of 245 and showing the index page of the site in the iframe. I've tried removing the carousel, the css menu and a bit of custom code of mine and the problem is still there.
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

you are pointing to an outside page (a page hosted in another domain), this is a security restriction
besides this, some browsers are easily fouled when a subpage points to its parent page (a recursive issue)
mnwitten

Post by mnwitten »

RZ...sorry for the delay but I wanted to give you a completely clean test page to look at. If you browse to http://www.developingclouds.com/iframe-test/index.html you should see what I'm seeing. This is as clean an example as I could put together...not custom code and the frame only links to a simple, local page. The project file is also there at http://www.developingclouds.com/iframe- ... meTest.wbs. For some reason now...I even see the issue in Chrome. I'm really confused. There should be a red rectangle at the top of the page like a header.

I hope this is easier for you to work with and diagnose.
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

i dont see any issue in chrome nor in older ie versions
however in ie9 and ie10 i see problems, i have no timeframe for this right now, but i will try my best to release an update as soon as possible
mnwitten

Post by mnwitten »

RZ...I'm glad you can see the issue. FYI, it is also an issue in FireFox. I have no idea why or if there is any "workaround" I could do to fix it. I love your extensions. Always very creative and useful. I wish you luck with diagnosing what causes this and I look forward to using your iFrame again!
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

@mnwitten
open the page properties dialog
in general tab, disable the center page option, this setting does not apply to the scheme and makes the issue you stated
optionally, in miscellaneous tab, set the overflow-y to none, this also does not apply to the scheme of the extension
this will workaround your issue until an improvement can be released
hope this helps
mnwitten

Post by mnwitten »

RZ...thank you for the work-around. I'll give it a try when I'm on that computer, probably in the morning. I tried it here at work and discovered that the header (which is a master-objects) would end up on the left of the browser window without the centering. But...I can place that master-objects on a layer as a header etc. and that seems like it will work fine. I'll be more than happy to test your updated extension when it becomes available if you wish.
[RZ]

Re: FullScreen iFrame (site wrapper) *** UPDATED Nov-12-2013

Post by [RZ] »

* New in v2.0.0:

New faster and smoother core, rewritten and optimized from scratch.
Supports many redirection options (including alert-box messages) in case of unsupported schemes in old Internet Explorer versions.
Transparency support even in older browsers.

* New in v1.0.1:

Centered pages are now allowed, this means that there is no need to use layers anymore in the fixed area to center content.
Partially worked-around an annoying issue in chromium for tablets based on android.
mnwitten

Post by mnwitten »

RZ, just wanted to confirm your work-around for my issues worked perfectly. I used a layer/header to center the header and it is perfect. Thanks for your time on this. I've got three sites where I will be using this extension extensively so this was a big help.
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

hi;
you don't need the layer anymore (you can center the page instead)
please try again without it
glad to know you find this ext useful
thanks
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

i cannot understand you
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

only one full size iframe (one wrapper) is allowed per page, otherwise you should use standard iframes as many as you need
usually, only paid users receive at their private mail bespoke code
naftalina

Post by naftalina »

Sorry if this has already been the speech, but there is a lot to read. ;)

So, I want to put mixcloud player 100% width placed in a docking layer on the bottom of the screen.
Is it possible to put the iframe in the layer to be 100% width of the screen?

... or maybe I even don't need to use layer?
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

this extension is usually to wrap a whole site (and have a continuous background process with no interruption between pages)
it uses the physical browser size (even margins can be specified)
it cannot be embedded in a layer
bubblegumweb

Re: [rz] FullScreen iFrame (site wrapper) *** UPD 2013-Nov-1

Post by bubblegumweb »

How do you get the extension please?
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

please follow the links on the signature
bubblegumweb

Post by bubblegumweb »