Bullet Points and layout grids

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
petertj

Bullet Points and layout grids

Post by petertj »

Bullet Points or as WWB calls them 'Bulleted list' seems to have some limitations.

While I have found Layout grids absolutely brilliant in helping with layouts and simply getting the job done faster I have found that bulleted lists don't work well within an environment of Layout Grids.

Any alternative to the Bulleted list extension does not indent the paragraph in relation to the bullet.

It is necessary to allow a bullet list to have its own layout grid object. If you don't them it is not possible line up previous and following text including layout grid objects that have had left and right padding added. Using the bullet list in its own layout grid method I can set the gutter width so that text in other layout grids lines up.

The problem that results from this is that the use of a bulleted list creates a chasm of space above it. You can see the result at www.juniormemorychampionship.com/index2.html.

The wwb page is available for download from www.juniormemorychampionship.com/JMCindex2.rar I am using version 12.04 dated 18th May 2017.

This is work in progress but I would appreciate any constructive suggestions as to how to improve the overall appearance of the page design let alone this vexing bulleted list issue.

Peter
Pablo

Re: Bullet Points and layout grids

Post by Pablo »

I'm sorry but bulleted list are very difficult to manage, they were not design to be used in Layout Grids.
This is not something I have much control over.
petertj

Post by petertj »

I appreciate your answer Pablo and am not going to "spoil the ship for a ha'p'orth of tar". As each day goes by I learn more about this absolutely excellent product that you have created and the years I spent struggling with Dreamweaver drift into the mists of time.

There has been a 'sea-change' with the advent of WWB 12 and the use of blocks and layout grids have made creating a web site very much easier and faster for most of us who come in from an IT engineering rather than artistic background.

Peter
petertj

Post by petertj »

After some considerable adjustment I have managed to get something that looks reasonable with the Bulleted points. There are limitations but at least I have exorcised the huge gaps.

Have a look on www.juniormemorychampionship.com/index.html

I am still using Ver. 12.04 but it's date has changed to 22nd May 2017!
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Has been asked previously see the following:
BaconFries wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:44 pm The build can change frequently due to a issue(s) being reported and what is known as a 'HotFix' is released at times within a couple of hours or even minutes by Pablo. This release is then usually held back from displaying in what you call the popup window to ensure it is stable and no further reports of the issue made.
After a day or two it will then show there is a update and will be noted at the following: http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/ ... um.php?f=1
For any 'Hot Fixes' or latest builds you can visit the following were the release date at the time is shown even though it isn't shown in the popup or News and Announcements.
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/download.html
petertj

Post by petertj »

Forgive me for saying so but Baconfries comment is a little out of the scope of the issue reported which was about Bullet Points and Layout Grids.

Peter
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Before you write maybe you should read your own question!! so what I posted answers this and not out of scope.
I am still using Ver. 12.04 but it's date has changed to 22nd May 2017!
petertj

Post by petertj »

Baconfries, advice is best given when it is requested.

Pablo requests that anyone reporting difficulty or a bug should reasonably give the build number of the version in use. In the context of a query about bullet points the version number and dater were relevant and within the scope of the rules of the forum.

Your point was apparently to explain the need for changing version numbers. It seems that most people who use this forum have a good idea of what version numbers are and how they are useful.

I am left wondering at the motivation behind your intervention. Shall we stick to the forum rules and limit our input to constructive and/or helpful information about WYSIWYG Web Builder?

Peter
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

WOW....Looks like you have eaten a dictionary with your Cheerios this morning Peter. It seems that you are now frustrated at me and not another member (who I will not name). Thanks for pointing out the forum rules to me I will read them more closely just for you. Your words today if anything made me laugh so much that I nearly chocked on my own breakfast. Anyway you have a good day and I promise to comment were I feel free to...
morrigclark

Post by morrigclark »

So no one provided a solution to this, and there actually is one. I'm assuming that you want to put bulleted lists into a layout grid because you like the similar features of using the layout grid like CSS grid or flexbox. It's not that bulleted lists are limited, it's actually the layout grid that has the limitations because the bulleted lists seem to be glitchy within layout grids.

However, CSS Grid and Flexbox completely supports bulleted lists, and you can easily create a custom layout grid yourself. This is what I do, and if you understand Grid or Flexbox, then you should be able to make some changes.:

1. I create a new HTML object in the editor as type: "Do not use <div>"
2. Next I add the HTML for the list, making sure that I set it to flex:

<div style="display: flex;">
<div>
<ul>
<li>
Item 1
</li>
<li>
Item 2
</li>
<li>