Flexgrid issue

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
crispy68

Flexgrid issue

Post by crispy68 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:08 pm

Hey Pablo,

I'm having issues with objects hidden in default view but visible in a breakpoint not showing up when previewed.

If I place an object in a grid cell in default view and later hide it in a BP, when previewed it works as intended. The object is hidden at the desired breakpoint.

However, if i insert an object in a BP but hide it in the default view, in the workspace it looks correct; however, the object is not visible in the BP when previewed. If I make the object visible in the default view then in any BP, the object is visible and works as intended.

In other words, if the object is not visible in the default view it wont show up in any other BP's. I've changing the CSS visibility property from visibility to display and it makes no difference.

crispy68

Re: Flexgrid issue

Post by crispy68 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:34 pm

In looking at the CSS, it is failing to add:

display:inline; to the ID of the object in the BP. In default, it is adding display:none; but never changing this in the BP's so it is always hidden.

demo project file here: https://www.wizbangwebdesign.com/demo/f ... -issue.zip

The issue in the project file is that the right and left arrow images are hidden in default view but present in the BP. However, they dont show up when previewed. If you locate the ID's of each in the CSS, you will find the above code missing in the BP CSS.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:14 am

Thanks for the information, this issue will be fixed in the next update.

crispy68

Post by crispy68 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:25 pm

Excellent Pablo. Any ETA on the next update by chance?

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:15 pm

The next update will be a major update, so it will require some intensive testing.
It should be ready within two weeks.

Bluesman

Post by Bluesman » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:24 am

:D Great
"Make My Day"

See my Website

petertj

Post by petertj » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:41 am

I am still having problems with values changing (when the content is changed) and disappearing grids (when attributes are changed) leaving objects suspended when looking at the WWB page.

The wbs is available from here: https://learnus.co.uk/flex_grid_issue.zip

I'm using version 4.2

Peter

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:13 am

The provided link does not work for me.

Also, I do not think this is related to the original topic.
Can you please describe what you have done exactly? And what I need to do to see the problem?

petertj

Post by petertj » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:21 am

Hi Pablo,

I have checked and the link does work. However, you may have been a little quick off the mark.

The purpose of the exercise is to become competent with the skew whiff naming of Flex-Grid. A grid of 18 squares was under construction in which the red ball in each square was to be aligned according to the square it was in. So that the top left square was to be called top left etc The objective of the exercise is to make use of FlexGrids to position items in a responsive way.

This issue is related to the original topic in that it is a FlexGrid issue rather to the updating of the flexgrid object. I'm happy to take the query to a more appropriate place it that is needed.

regards

Peter

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:13 am

Thanks for fixing the link.
The flexgrid structure of the grid is not valid

You have defined 'col_top_centre' twice.
All grid areas must have a unique name. You can only use the same name multiple times if the cells are next to each other.

Not valid:

Valid:

petertj

Post by petertj » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:33 pm

Hi Pablo,

Thanks for identifying the problem.

This was work in progress and its not very user friendly if the WWB page disappears without any indication/notification of an error. There was never any intention to have identically named cells - it was just being worked out. The design was such that all cells were to have a unique name.

The concept (of flexgrids) is excellent and very suited to the kind of sites that I make but the usability could benefit from being upgraded.

I appreciate that I now have a solution and can make more progress on this project.

regards

Peter

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:56 pm

If you use duplicate names then the resulting code will be invalid, so the browser (or in this case WWB) will not understand the structure. If the structure is invalid then results will be undefined.
I have said this before, I did not invent flex grid (css grid). This is standard HTML functionality, so I cannot change the way that it works.