paid expertise on responsive design

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
IanRob

paid expertise on responsive design

Post by IanRob » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:25 am

Hi

I have been struggling for several days now trying to achieve one particular outcome, which is basically very simple. However, because I do not have the knowledge/experience of responsive web layout, I am not making any progress.

Essentially, I have a single quiz screen. I want the quiz screen to always fill the viewport, scaled so that the whole quiz screen is always visible and fixed (to facilitate drag and drop), across browsers. Within, the quiz screen there are various layers and buttons that appear under different conditions. In effect, all I want is for everything to be automatically scaled so that the quiz screen and everything on it is automatically and completely scaled (no max or min) to fit across browsers.

I fully appreciate that WebBuilder has immense flexibility and can no doubt address this requirement. The simple fact is that I do not have the knowledge to know which of the options I need to select and when. So I am looking for a paid service that can solve the problem for me.

So I would like to know if you either provide paid-for services, or if you have a list of expert freelancers who could either solve my problem, or give one-to-one Skype coaching.

Thanks in advance

Pablo

Re: paid expertise on responsive design

Post by Pablo » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:44 am

To implement a scalable / flexible layouts, you can use layout grids or flexbox.
Layers are not flexible, because they use absolute positions. So, the only way to maker them adapt to the screen size is by adding breakpoints.

Related tutorial:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/layout_modes.html

IanRob

Post by IanRob » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:24 am

Thank you Pablo

Unfortunately,my lack of knowledge about responsive design means that I have tried and failed to achieve what I need with flex grids

You mention elsewhere on the forum that third parties produce chargeable extensions for WB14. Do you have a list of third parties, with WB14 expertise, who I could hire to produce a basic scaleble wb14 design?

Thanks

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:32 am

I'm sorry, I do not have a list of third parties.
But someone else may be reading this.

Note that to be able to help you I need to see what you have done.
My advise is always, start at the basics. Try not to do too much at the same time. Then if something does not work then you can always ask for advise before you continue with the next step.

IanRob

Post by IanRob » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:51 am

Pablo

Thank you for you patience

I agree about starting simple

The following link will take you to a very simple WB14 layout using layers (which I appreciate you are saying are inflexible)

http://www.perceptiondynamics.uk/

In effect, in the same way as a touch screen can resize an image to any size with a two finger guesture, I want to be able to resize this dummy quiz form to fill and fix any touch screen such as an ipad or any other touch enabled screen. If I could see how to create a similar dummy form that would automatically resize, I would probably be able to see how to change my current quiz.

I have tried and failed to reproduce this sort of layout with flexgrids and any other approach. At the moment my quiz is using different layers to bring forward different layouts for the answers to different questions.

Thanks

Ian

WWBman

Post by WWBman » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Just a thought; have you tried just using breakpoints?

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:16 pm

As previously mentioned, when using layers you will need to add breakpoints to adapt the layout for different screen sizes.
With layout grids, the layout will be floating. So, elemente cannot be stacked on top of each other. If you want your layout to be (automatically) flexible then you will need to rethink your layout.

Related tutorial:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/layout_modes.html

WWBman

Post by WWBman » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:57 pm

WWBman wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:11 pm
Just a thought; have you tried just using breakpoints?
I meant just breakpoints, not even layers.

IanRob

Post by IanRob » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:43 pm

Hi WWBman

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Unfortunately, I cannot use breakpoints, because I specifically want to use the same fixed layout irrespective if screen size (rather than changing the layout for different screen sizes) . This is becaue this is not a normal web page, but an on-line quiz. So Ipad is the typical size of the screen.
Thanks anyway

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:17 pm

If you want to support different screen sizes then either you need to implement breakpoints or use flexible/floating layout.
The layout cannot be fixed and also adapt to different screen sizes automatically.