***Solved***Text alignment in Content Holder

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
GOF635

***Solved***Text alignment in Content Holder

Post by GOF635 »

Using WB14. Created a Master Frame for Header/Footer on multiple pages. Content Place Holder set up as per procedure (I think and Hope; gone over the tutorials "n" times). The text for all pages is copy pasted from MS Word files. Everything looks very pretty in the Preview except… the text is in exactly the same format as the MS Word file and is like a single column half way across the page, aligned left.
Any suggestions to solve the problem - other that retype everything into the content place holder (a none starter!)
Thanks
Bluesman

Re: Text alignment in Content Holder

Post by Bluesman »

When you copy the text from the Word document… before pasting into WWB you have to paste it into "Notes" now you get rid of all formatting. Copy and paste into WWB.
"Make My Day"

See my Website
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Any suggestions to solve the problem
Yes, never Copy&Paste from word. This is because it contains formatting not supported by HTML. If you do use MS Word then paste the text into the likes of Notepad first this will remove the formatting then copy/paste into WB. Another way is to hold down the SHIFT key while using 'paste', this will then remove the formatting.
GOF635

Post by GOF635 »

That worked only to revise the font and get all the text onto a single screen without scrolling the overflow however, this was not the original problem. I have the page size set at 800x600 for both Master Frame and the Content Page. The header and footer fill the screen left to right. The text in the Content Page Holder (CPH) space in the Preview is fitted (presente/squeezed/left aligned) into half (reading left to right) of the space available. How to I get the text to go right across the 800 pixels page?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

To be able to help you I need to see what you have done.

See this related FAQ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/ ... 10&t=82134
bkjohns

Post by bkjohns »

It is possible MS Word left hard returns at the end of each line. If so you will have to go the end of each line and delete the return, adding spacing as needed, and repeat for each line.
GOF635

Post by GOF635 »

Pablo wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:03 pm To be able to help you I need to see what you have done.

See this related FAQ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/ ... 10&t=82134
To clarify #1; Can I just duplicate the project file, delete everything except the Master Frame, the page with the problem and include the original MS Word file and the NotePad file with formatting removed?
To clarify #2; You want me to upload the duplicate project file to the web host and send you the link when the upload is complete. In addition you want me to write the detailed steps used in order to replicate the problem and include that document with the project file, along with its ID.
Is this all correct?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Can I just duplicate the project file, delete everything except the Master Frame, the page with the problem and include the original MS Word file and the NotePad file with formatting removed
Yes, you can save the project with a different name and then remove all non-relevant content.
I do not need the MS word file. All text should be copied as plain text otherwise you may up with invalid formatting.
You want me to upload the duplicate project file to the web host and send you the link when the upload is complete.
Correct
In addition you want me to write the detailed steps used in order to replicate the problem
Just described where exactly in the project I need to look for the problem.
GOF635

Post by GOF635 »

This issue can be closed. There were too many complications on our side to accomplish the transfer of the page. I chose to do some "what if" trials and eventually figured out that text is not just "text" when imported; it has to become an "image". After that it was plain sailing and we have imported text nicely spread across the page. No further investigation necessary.