Navigation doesn't open page

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
Brian Lambert

Navigation doesn't open page

Post by Brian Lambert »

Hi
Still getting used to WebBuilder and I have just finished converting a multi page site to responsive, with three Breakpoints. It has a Master Frame also with 3 breakpoints for all pages, the Master Frame contains the navigation links and is linked to in all subsequent pages.

Two of the Navigation links have child URLs. These all work correctly in PC page view, but the main heading pages that the child pages are attached to are not clickable when viewed in the Mobile screen size? e.g. While 'Club News' is clearly visible its not clickable only its child menus are.
These are needed as its where latest information for club members is posted and I would expect some to use a mobile version to view the information page "Club News".
"Exhibition" is also a main heading page with child pages and again while it shows correctly on the PC in the mobile navigation menu its
not currently clickable, yet all the child ones associated to it are!

What have I done wrong?
Thanks in advance.
https://www.favershammrc.org.uk/index.html

Pablo

Re: Navigation doesn't open page

Post by Pablo »

A main item cannot be a link and a header at the same time. Computers have 'hover' and click' but there is no 'hover' on mobile devices.
So, the 'click' on a mobile device can only do one thing, if it followed the link then you would not be able to open the sub menus.
Note that this is true for all menu that have sub items.
Brian Lambert

Post by Brian Lambert »

Thank you Pablo.
I was expecting the main link to work the same as all other main links without child links!
I have altered the layout now to remove the Club News heading with child links so as important information can be viewed. Now have a "Club Information" single link tab!
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I was expecting the main link to work the same as all other main links without child links!
A 'click can only do one thing. It either is a link or it opens the sub menu. If the menu followed the link then the sub menu would not work.
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Brian Lambert wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:20 pm Thank you Pablo.
I have altered the layout now to remove the Club News heading with child links so as important information can be viewed. Now have a "Club Information" single link tab!
I'm using the "Responsive menu" in one project and having a link on the main object and sub_links. So clearly this menu handles the subject. :D
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I'm using the "Responsive menu" in one project and having a link on the main object and sub_links. So clearly this menu handles the subject.
Not on a mobile (touch screen) device.
luputu

Post by luputu »

Hello
I have the similar problem, I set my themeable menu to bootstrap, on preview looks work but when I publish the menu doesn't work , it doesn't expand !!!
what's wrong with mine ???
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

when I publish the menu doesn't work , it doesn't expand !!!
This is probably due to not all files have been published. Please ensure that you have published all files to your host/server. luputu can I ask you to open a 'New' topic of your own if you have any questions please and not in another members post thanks.
luputu

Post by luputu »

BaconFries wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:33 am
when I publish the menu doesn't work , it doesn't expand !!!
This is probably due to not all files have been published. Please ensure that you have published all files to your host/server. luputu can I ask you to open a 'New' topic of your own if you have any questions please and not in another members post thanks.
Thank you my friends, it's work now ! you are great !