getting a layer to work has a footer

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
MartinPorter

getting a layer to work has a footer

Post by MartinPorter »

Hi everyone!

Come across a bit of a problem - and will try to keep it has simple as possible.

I have 3 pages on this project, which are Index, master-page and footer.
The index page has the master page set and is being used as the header. I have few more layers on the page
and everything is working well :D

The problem - since I cant use the "Master Page" option again on this page and I need to have a footer on each
page of this project. So at the bottom of the page I have used the "Embedded Page" option using the footer page.
all layers have been set with Relative horizontal sizing ticked and also have Relative horizontal position ticked, this
is the same for the footer page. The footer itself has the same sizes has the layers on the index page.

Within the editor everything is showing fine and in place but when you preview the index page again everything is in place
until you get to the footer, the footer has been placed in the centre but I have two gaps at each side - I have tried everything
to get this working but without much luck :? Can anyone put some light on this and tell me where I'm going wrong?

thanks!
Thanks & regards
Martin....
Pablo

Re: getting a layer to work has a footer

Post by Pablo »

Relative resizing does not work with embedded pages, because the layer/footer cannot become wider than its container (in this case the embeded page object).
However, if you use a footer on a master page (or master frame) then it will also be included on the page.

See these related tutorials:
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/master_page.html
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/master_frame.html
MartinPorter

Post by MartinPorter »

Pablo wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:37 pm Relative resizing does not work with embedded pages, because the layer/footer cannot become wider than its container (in this case the embeded page object).
However, if you use a footer on a master page (or master frame) then it will also be included on the page.
Hi Pablo,
And thanks for getting back to me..

When I setup the "Embedded page" container, I made the container the same width as the other layers on the page (1024)
The footer page is made up of one layer at (1024x143) and set to Relative horizontal sizing & position (So when you preview just the footer page it spans across the page has it should.) getting back to the index page I then enabled the "Embedded page
as a layer" which I thought this would allow the container to inherit the properties from the layer on the footer page? Hope this makes sense. thanks again Pablo..
Thanks & regards
Martin....
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

When I setup the "Embedded page" container, I made the container the same width as the other layers on the page (1024)
I'm sorry hat will not work. The size of the embed page is fixed, not flexible.

If you need a master footer then please use master pages or master frames instead.
MartinPorter

Post by MartinPorter »

Pablo wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:28 pm
I'm sorry hat will not work. The size of the embed page is fixed, not flexible.

If you need a master footer then please use master pages or master frames instead.
maybe one for the next version Pablo? - I am right in saying that you can only ever have one master page on one page?
since the header was a pain to complete - thanks again Pablo
Thanks & regards
Martin....
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

No, that will not be possible. The embedded page was not designed for this purpose, that is why master pages and master frames exist.

A page can (logically) only have one master. That master can have a header and footer, as demonstrated in the tutorials.
MartinPorter

Post by MartinPorter »

All sorted :D thanks for your help Pablo
Thanks & regards
Martin....