Break Points

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
MartinPorter

Break Points

Post by MartinPorter »

Hi All..

Maybe a stupid question to ask, but I have a setup a Master-page for the header & footer
and all my other pages I have setup two break points and also used the master-page, do I also need to
set the BP on the master-page? Just don't seem to get them lined up right without the format
going out.

thanks
Thanks & regards
Martin....
Pablo

Re: Break Points

Post by Pablo »

Yes, the master page needs the same breakpoints.

See also the example project for this tutorial:
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/master_page.html
MartinPorter

Post by MartinPorter »

Hi Pablo and everyone,

Pablo.. I may have found a problem but (as normal I could be do something wrong)

I have setup one master-page and at this time a single index page. The index page has been
setup to use the master-page which has a Pager Header & Page footer setup.
Each page is set with a width of 1024 and each page has 2 two other break points at 768 & 375

The problem: When I was inserting a banner into the page footer working within the default breakpoint
I used the "Hide in other Breakpoints" which I need to do to reduce the size of the front on the other breakpoints
(I have tried to just reduce the font size but this carries across on each breakpoint) So my idea was to setup each footer
and then hide each banner in turn) I have completed the default breakpoint within the master-page and went back onto
the index page and did a preview, which everything was in the right page. I then moved the preview browser to breakpoint
768 and the footer was being displayed even after I have hidden them from the other two breakpoints.

Frist can I ask if the above can work? and if so what could I be doing wrong?

thanks & regards
Martin..
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

To be able to help you I need to see your project file.
Note that there should be only one header/footer, reused in each breakpoint.
MartinPorter

Post by MartinPorter »

Pablo wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:07 pm To be able to help you I need to see your project file.
Hi Pablo

and thanks for getting back to me, I'm using just one header/footer but I had to check it :wink:
the only thing I have resized is each header/footer and also the banners placed within them.
Have you got an link on how to submit pages that you need to review?

thanks & regards
Martin...
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

MartinPorter

Post by MartinPorter »

MartinPorter wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:19 pm
Pablo wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:07 pm To be able to help you I need to see your project file.
Hi Pablo

and thanks for getting back to me, I'm using just one header/footer but I had to check it :wink:
the only thing I have resized is each header/footer and also the banners placed within them.
Have you got an link on how to submit pages that you need to review?

thanks & regards
Martin...
Hi Pablo

thanks for sending me the link.. Pablo something odd is happening with all this, I have just opened the project and everything is working, the footers in all breakpoints are where they should be. I can't understand it (unless I was seeing things last night) It could be my box but it hasn't played up since the day I built it, or maybe somehow the browser cache isn't being deleted. I can't see it being WYSIWYG never had any problems what so every in the past few years! could it be that I have moved up to the 64bit version? again I can't see-it being that :shock:

thanks & regards
Martin..
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

There are no known issues with 64bit version.
To be able to help you I need to see what you have done.
MartinPorter

Post by MartinPorter »

Pablo wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:55 am There are no known issues with 64bit version.
To be able to help you I need to see what you have done.
Here you go.. http://web.hostnetsolutions.uk/ thanks Pablo..

thanks & regards
Martin...
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

What exactly do I need to do to see the problem?
MartinPorter

Post by MartinPorter »

Pablo wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:05 am What exactly do I need to do to see the problem?
Just add a banner to the footer in the master-page and then move over to the index page and preview - then move inwards till you hit the breakpoints. If you can't find anything (which is my luck!) I'll send you a screen dump of what I keep getting.

thanks & regards
Martin...
MartinPorter

Post by MartinPorter »

MartinPorter wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:27 am
Pablo wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:05 am What exactly do I need to do to see the problem?
Just add a banner to the footer in the master-page and then move over to the index page and preview - then move inwards till you hit the breakpoints. If you can't find anything (which is my luck!) I'll send you a screen dump of what I keep getting.

thanks & regards
Martin...
Hi Pablo.

I have just added and extra line to the master-page footer on breakpoint 768 and when I came to preview it from the index page the problem was showing. I have upload a screen dump to the URL I sent you before. (hope this helps)

thanks & regards
Martin..

Maybe this will help? just closed the app and started it again and the preview page is showing the right footer - very odd!
Thanks & regards
Martin....
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I'm sorry, I am still confused.

Where can I download the project file?
And after opening the file, what re the exact steps to reproduce the problem?
MartinPorter

Post by MartinPorter »

Pablo wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:09 pm I'm sorry, I am still confused.

Where can I download the project file?
And after opening the file, what re the exact steps to reproduce the problem?
Hi Pablo
the url for the project file is http://web.hostnetsolutions.uk/ I'll upload it again for you, I have also upload a screen dump
of the problem to you view. To reproduce the problem open the master-page and insert a banner into the footer on breakpoint 768
then save the project and open the index page and do a preview on full screen. Now sometimes you will find the footer is showing as it should but other times you get what I see (look at the screen dump I sent you) When this happens it's across all browsers. so no matter how many times you preview the page you still get the same problem. What I have found is if you close the app and restart it and then do a preview everything is back to normal across all breakpoints.
Thanks & regards
Martin....
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

How exactly did you add the banner? Did you first make the footer larger?

Note that if you add an object in a breakpoint then it will have an undefined position /size in other breakpoints.
So, you may need to move the banner into the footer's boundaries in other breakpoints by using 'reset position'.
MartinPorter

Post by MartinPorter »

Pablo wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:28 pm How exactly did you add the banner? Did you first make the footer larger?

Note that if you add an object in a breakpoint then it will have an undefined position /size in other breakpoints.
So, you may need to move the banner into the footer's boundaries in other breakpoints by using 'reset position'.
All the banners where created within the footer - maybe up to the max size of the footer but it wasn't made outside and then placed within the footer - I will have a try the reset position and see what happens. But how come if I restart the app everything shows the way it should?

thanks for your help
Thanks & regards
Martin....
MartinPorter

Post by MartinPorter »

MartinPorter wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:34 pm
Pablo wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:28 pm How exactly did you add the banner? Did you first make the footer larger?

All the banners where created within the footer - maybe up to the max size of the footer but it wasn't made outside and then placed within the footer - I will have a try the reset position and see what happens. But how come if I restart the app everything shows the way it should?

thanks for your help
Pablo - did what you asked and still have the same problem. I have also added a new banner on the footer of breakpoint 375 and had the same problem. restarted WYSIWYG and the bingo everything back to normal? you can see the results if you look at the two new screen dumps I have upload. (the Snap 2019-02-28 at 14.07.46 was when I added the new banner the other is after a restart of the app) url - http://web.hostnetsolutions.uk/
Thanks & regards
Martin....
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I still have not been able to reproduce the problem based on your description, for me it all looks good.
So that make it difficult to say why this is happening.
MartinPorter

Post by MartinPorter »

Pablo wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:14 pm I still have not been able to reproduce the problem based on your description, for me it all looks good.
So that make it difficult to say why this is happening.
Ok - So what else should I be looking at? the odd thing about all this is if I restart WYSIWYG everything looks as it should even if I keep the last preview window open (so not to clear the cache on the browser) its only when I edit the footer and preview again that it shows the problem. Restart WYSIWYG and everything is fine again.
Thanks & regards
Martin....
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I will try to do some more testing tomorrow.
For now, it works correct for me.
MartinPorter

Post by MartinPorter »

Pablo wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:04 pm I will try to do some more testing tomorrow.
For now, it works correct for me.
thanks Pablo and again for your help.
Thanks & regards
Martin....
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

In the latest build (03/01/2019), I have made some changes in the footer/master page behavior.
Can you check if this works for you?
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/download.html
MartinPorter

Post by MartinPorter »

Pablo wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:13 am In the latest build (03/01/2019), I have made some changes in the footer/master page behavior.
Can you check if this works for you?
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/download.html
Hi Pablo,
that's my current version I'm working on, but I have installed it over the top. One thing I found out last night if it helps - if you start on the footer in the default breakpoint and hide the banners within it from other breakpoints and then move onto the next breakpoint and do the same again. The problem isn't there, don't know if this helps?

thanks & regards
Martin..
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Did you download and install today's version?
MartinPorter

Post by MartinPorter »

Yep - from the link you posted this morning.
Thanks & regards
Martin....
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

So, the new version still does not work for you?
In that case I need more specific description of the problem.
MartinPorter

Post by MartinPorter »

Pablo wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:13 pm So, the new version still does not work for you?
In that case I need more specific description of the problem.
Hi Pablo

I'm just fishing the page that I did the workaround from last night - I will be starting the next page in the next hr and I'll go back to the way it should be done and give you an update.

thanks Pablo

Regards
Martin...
MartinPorter

Post by MartinPorter »

HI Pablo - It looks like it's sorted now, just started a new page and everything is in it's place
thanks for your help

thanks & regards
Martin..