Moving Layout Grids

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
44MLB

Moving Layout Grids

Post by 44MLB »

I wonder if anyone else has the same problem as I have when moving Layout Grids up and down? Whether I us the tabs in the software or the "-" and "+" on the keyboards, I have to use these tabs or keys many more time than should be necessary! This is the same whether it is a page with a lot or little content.

Taking about a page with a lot of content, I am probably going to end up with one page with hundreds of Layout Grids on it, is there any limit to the number you can have on a page? It will certainly be challenging adding new Layout Grids to the middle of the page if the only way to move them up is by multiple presses of a key!
Pablo

Re: Moving Layout Grids

Post by Pablo »

The arrange tools (+ / -) move the object up and down in the z-order of the page elements.
Each press move the element one position up and down. So, if there are the elements in between then you may need multiple key press to move the layout gird to the desired position.

There is no known limits to the number of layout gird per page.
However, if you really need hundreds of layout grids then you may need to reconsider your layout because I have never seen a website that has that many grids!
bkjohns

Post by bkjohns »

44MLB wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:17 pm I wonder if anyone else has the same problem as I have when moving Layout Grids up and down? Whether I us the tabs in the software or the "-" and "+" on the keyboards, I have to use these tabs or keys many more time than should be necessary! This is the same whether it is a page with a lot or little content.

Taking about a page with a lot of content, I am probably going to end up with one page with hundreds of Layout Grids on it, is there any limit to the number you can have on a page? It will certainly be challenging adding new Layout Grids to the middle of the page if the only way to move them up is by multiple presses of a key!
You can use Ctrl -/+ to move to the top or bottom of the stack, and you can hold down the -/+ key and it will climb or descend the order w/o having to repeatedly press the key (unless that helps to ease your frustration over this - works for me). And I agree with Pablo re: 100 l/o grids. I get lost with 10 or so!
44MLB

Post by 44MLB »

Many thanks bkjohns, holding down the -/+ key is a great tip!

Now I'm going for the world record for number of layout grids on a webpage ;-)