Layout grid not respecting maximum size & Nav bar issue

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
Fredl

Layout grid not respecting maximum size & Nav bar issue

Post by Fredl »

Hello,
I'm just getting started on a basic e-commerce site, I have 3 pages that all use the same layout grid setup, however some pages do not display correctly on the server, even though they look fine during preview. The site is bricbd.com It is "under construction" and there is very little content yet, but I'm having a few issues already I'd like to understand and fix before I get too far along.

Here are the issues. 1: on the "products page" layoutgrid3 does not respect the maximum width setting, so the "Copyright" text flies to the side off the background. (the other 2 pages work correctly in this respect, but I can't find the difference) I'm using the Ecwid shopping cart extension in the grid above the grid holding the text, might this be causing the issue? If so why?

Issue 2: I have the navigation bar set to use the hover style on the current page, but it only works on the home page. I check the properties of the Navigation bar on each page, they all show "use hover style on current page" but they do not. I can't see any difference in the properties and cannot figure out why it isn't working.

These are small issues, but I don't like having unexplained behavior right when I'm starting a project. Thanks for any causes you may identify and pointers that will help me fix my pages!

******Update******* For some reason the pages display correctly on Firefox on my Mac but lock up Safari, I was using Chrome and Firefox on Windows at work, I cleared the cache repeatedly but it would not fix the issues, but now at home the pages are working correctly on Firefox and causing major issues in Safari, I can't scroll or navigate to other pages and have to Force-Quit Safari. Weird! I also notice that the Nav bar doesn't do the hover style on the "about" or "Products" page on my Android phone using the stock browser or Chrome, nor can I scroll, and none of the text displays on any page. Firefox for Android on the other hand has no issues. Very odd.
Pablo

Re: Layout grid not respecting maximum size & Nav bar issue

Post by Pablo »

For me, your website looks ok. I do not see any of the issues in either Chrome or FireFox.
Maybe you have already solved it?
Fredl

Re: Layout grid not respecting maximum size & Nav bar issue

Post by Fredl »

Hi Pablo, Thanks for responding.

It seems that I have fixed my issues, although on my work computer no matter how many times I clear the cache in Firefox or Chrome I still get issues with buttons not being capitalized right, and when I hover over them the link displayed by Firefox at the bottom left shows the old un-capitalized page name, which returns a 404 error. I don't understand why this keeps happening, it makes it hard to test pages because I only have WYSIWYG on this machine. I even called my ISP to ask if they were somehow caching pages on their end, and they said no. It has to be a weird Firefox and Chrome cache thing I guess, it does it randomly, sometimes displaying correctly and sometimes not. Argghh! (But not your problem!) Thanks for responding again!