*** SOLVED *** Responsive Master Page

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
TonyC

*** SOLVED *** Responsive Master Page

Post by TonyC »

Hi Pablo,

I am working on a new site, nearly finished, but I have a problem with the Master Page.

I have a Page Header, A Panel Menu, and a Carousel on the Master Page, the breakpoints are 1024, 768, 480 & 320
All of the pages work on the breakpoints except the "index" page, When I resize the browser the "index" page only changes at 768 and stays there when I close the browser down smaller.

All of the other pages resize at all the breakpoints.

Would you please have a look for me to see if I'm missing something

The site is https://www.cambersands-holidays.co.uk

This is a link to the project file on "wetransfer" should you need it

https://we.tl/t-uny0m8LK4S

Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards
Tony
Pablo

Re: Responsive Master Page

Post by Pablo »

Did you publish all files? Because when I preview your project it seems to work correct.
TonyC

Post by TonyC »

Yes, I have it set on publish all files.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

In the project you have shared there are two index pages: 'index' and 'index1'

It looks like the styles of those two pages have been mixed up.
Is the project you have shared the latest version? Which one is the correct 'index'?
TonyC

Post by TonyC »

The project uploaded to the internet has only one index page, the index1 was deleted.

That was a new index page that I created in case there was a problem with the original.

You say the site is working OK when you tested it. If I look at it on my smart phone the page header is wider than the 320px breakpoint. But the other pages with the Master Page are working OK although it's the same Master Page on index, Availability, Camber_Sands & AshridgeCaravan, that is why I thought there was something wrong with the page. I also made a new MasterPage that's why the MasterPage is named MasterPage2.

Thanks for your help
Regards
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You say the site is working OK when you tested it.
The project you have shared is working when I preview it locally, but not your published website. So, there is difference somewhere. Are you sure everything was published successfully?

In the project 'index' is empty, 'index1' seems to be the correct one, which is working for me.

Tip: when you share a project then please remove all non-relevant pages from the project, so there is no confusion where to look.
TonyC

Post by TonyC »

Hi Pablo,

Thanks for the "Tip", I have deleted all the non-relevant pages and changed the index for index1, although on my project index is not empty.
I have uploaded the new index page and also included one more page, AshridgeCaravan, so that you can see it working properly. The "Publish all files" option was selected and the publishing log states that all files downloaded successfully

The new link: https://we.tl/t-feuKjN9rBx

So I have the same situation, all pages are responsive except the index page.

Thanks for your continued support and your patience

Regards
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Something still in not right.
The index page in the project is not the same as the one that is on your server.
For example, in the page that is online, the IE compatibility (in page properties) is set to: Emulate-IE7!
This is not the case in the project you have shared.

Are you sure you have shared the correct file? The one you have published?

Also, there are some errors in the code you have manually added, although I am not sure this is what is causing the issue:
- The google-site-verification code is included on the page twice.
- The 'og:site_name' is wrong, it has a missing quote.
TonyC

Post by TonyC »

Hi Pablo,

For some reason the site is not publishing the pages correctly, I have uploaded the files on cPanel and now the index page is using all the breakpoints.

However now there is a problem with the carousel, when I resize the browser the pictures on the carousel slowly get smaller at the top and at 320px half of the carousel is hidden.

Totally frustrated now so giving up for tonight.

Thanks & regards
Tony
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Did you publish all files to the correct location?
Are you sure the publish settings are ok? Maybe the remote folder is not correct?

Also, the errors in the custom code are not fixed yet. Please do that first.
TonyC

Post by TonyC »

Hi Pablo,

Sorry for the delay in Communication, I have trying various ways to correct the errors to the html, which I think are now correct.
I believe that the reason you were seeing a different page in the file I sent to the one that was published was that when I publish a single page it isn't published but if I publish the "entire site" then it is published OK

However, the pages are all now reacting to the breakpoints and the carousel works fine but I still have a problem with the /index.html page and the /AshridgeCaravan.html page.

The /index.html page is showing only whats on the MasterPage, no text at all, and the /AshridgeCaravan.html page is not displaying the text correctly.

This is a new link to the relevant pages which I hope is the same as the ones published.

https://we.tl/t-OHqJzYFKt2

Would you mind having a look again to see what I have done wrong.
Thanks so much
Regards
Tony
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The page in the project is ok, however this not the same page as the one you have published.
The page online is the old index.

Is it possible that the full project contains two index pages?
TonyC

Post by TonyC »

No I don't have two index pages in the project.

If I look in Filezilla there is one index.html page and one index.css page that I loaded today 01 Aug. at 12.50:45 sec.

ftp://romneyma@ftp.romneymarshguesthous ... index.html

ftp://romneyma@ftp.romneymarshguesthous ... /index.css

I have another two sites with MasterPages that I built easily, Is there anything else I can try to resolve this.

Thanks
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I think that something is going wrong with publishing. The index in the project is not the same as the one you shared. So there must be an index somewhere else.

Does the page look ok in local preview?
If you (temporarily) rename the index page in the prohect and publish it with the different name does that page look correct?
TonyC

Post by TonyC »

All of the site previews perfectly locally including /index.html & /AshridgeCaravan.html

I have just changed the name of the index file to /index44.html it gives me a 404 not found error
It appears in Filezilla as uploaded at the correct time
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

That seems to indicate that you are publishing to the wrong folder.
Maybe your host has a delay in making the files available on the web server?
TonyC

Post by TonyC »

It normally gets posted immediately, I just tried again and still get a 404 not found

All of the site is in this folder and the other pages are OK

ftp://romneyma@ftp.romneymarshguesthous ... dex44.html
TonyC

Post by TonyC »

Do you think I should delete the whole site from the internet and start again in new folders?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

No, I think you will need to contact your host and ask them why the file is not visible on your website.
TonyC

Post by TonyC »

OK thanks for all your help
Regards
Tony
TonyC

Post by TonyC »

Hi Pablo,

Just to let you and all the members who have been watching this post that the problems were resolved with the help of the hosting company. the site was added with the domain location /cambersands-holidays.co.uk NOT public_html/cambersands-holidays.co.uk so I don't know how it was working in the first place, anyway loaded it to that location and all is fine.

I had a small problem with the /index.html page not using the breakpoints for 480px & 320px but I uploaded it without the MasterPage and then uploaded it again with the MasterPage and that problem is solved also.

Thanks for all your help and patience, I should have contacted the host company first to save you the trouble, but I thought I was just doing something wrong that I couldn't spot.

Thanks again
Kind regards
Tony