Responsive menu

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
Erik88

Responsive menu

Post by Erik88 »

I use WB15
Is there a way to have the Responsive Menu to shrink smaller when the available width gets less. I tried to set the Flexbox setting, but that does not seem to work.
Pablo

Re: Responsive menu

Post by Pablo »

You can place the menu inside a layout grid, to make it flexible

Flexbox should also work with flexgrow/shrink set to 1 (for example).
Erik88

Post by Erik88 »

The ResponsiveMenu is inside a Layout grid.
And to make sure I set the Flexbox parameters (basis and shrink) for both menu and Layout Grid.
It does not change size.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

In that case, I need a demo project so I can see all your settings.
Erik88

Post by Erik88 »

I can upload a project to the web server, but that would mean taking the current web site down and you would need a password. I do not know how other people do this or allow this.

Is it even possible to scale the responsive menu? All font sizes and padding are set in the properties. By setting the Flexbox parameters I can have the available width of the responsive menu to change. But when the available width gets insufficient to have all menu items on one row, menu items at the end just wraparound and go on a next line.

I would like to see the menu just scale to available size.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I do not need your entire project. Just need a demo project.

Related FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82134
Erik88

Post by Erik88 »

This is not really an answer to my questions. I will not take down my web site to post a few pages.

Is it even possible to scale the responsive menu? All font sizes and padding are set in the properties. By setting the Flexbox parameters I can have the available width of the responsive menu to change. But when the available width gets insufficient to have all menu items on one row, menu items at the end just wraparound and go on a next line.

I would like to see the menu just scale to available size.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I am not asking you to take down your website.
All I am asking is to share a demo project (wbs) with the menu so i can see also your settings and try to help you find a solution.

The size of the responsive menu can be flexible when it's part of a layout grid or flexbox.
But when the available width gets insufficient to have all menu items on one row, menu items at the end just wraparound and go on a next line
That is why the menu has a breakpoint property. This specifies where the menu 'breaks' and switches to mobile mode.

You can also use the 'Themable menu' (as used in many of the recent templates) or any other alternative menu:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/navigation.html
katman

Post by katman »

You have to set the menu "Style" to "full width" = true for it to shrink and expand