position of the footer having to be recalculated every viewport size

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
UncleEti1

position of the footer having to be recalculated every viewport size

Post by UncleEti1 »

Hello Pablo,

I have read in a turorial a footer should put itself spontaneously to the foot of each page. I thought it was under the latest object of the page. But indeed I have to make a short calculation of the height of the page, so that it roughly puts iself after the lowest object.
It seems alos I have to clone the text inside the footer if I move it from a long viewport (above 1000px) to my breakpoint viewport (i. e. 120) because even in responsive it doesn't do it automatically. It's probably normal, isn't it?

Thank you.
Pablo

Re: position of the footer having to be recalculated every viewport size

Post by Pablo »

A footer has several modes' when set to 'fixed' is will always be at the bottm of the viewport.
If set to 'floating' then it will be the last floating element of the page.

Text is responsive. You do not have to clone it.
UncleEti1

Post by UncleEti1 »

I thought so but I have problems. Unluckily my computer seems not powerfull enough anymore. It makes the work tiedous. It has become WYSInotWYG !
Thank you.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

If you want my help, then please share a demo project so I can see what you have done.
I do not need your complete projetc. Only a small example which demonstrate the problem.
UncleEti1

Post by UncleEti1 »

Thank you, but actually I got it now.
I was used to my own way of working with previous versions of Wb. No footer (!) . I thought it was facultative, since my site "was working OK" (which was an ignorant point of view, probably depriving me of thousand of readers). And recently I started to use layout grids still no aware of the good use of a master page, which in itsel is a bit tricky if you use layout grids (when a layout grid masks the footer...). In particular it took me a while to understand, if I am right (I am not sure with my computer, which makes mistakes)* that what the objects of a master-page in WB might not display correct, but it will publish correct. I lost days on this business.

Tks