Modal layer Close button not showing

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
Trevor Johnson

Modal layer Close button not showing

Post by Trevor Johnson »

Hi Folks,
BaconFries kindly recommended a modal layer to use as a simple and quick popup. I have done this with only one problem which I suppose is to do with settings. As usual I think I've tried thm all, but obviously not the correct one!
In desktop size there is no problem but in 600px the close button does not appear, in actual fact is does if the user scrolls to the right because the the 'container' is still there with the close button but I can't seem to be able to resize it to just be a box around the text area that I have inside it like in the bigger size.
www.thebritishschoollanzarote.com
Pablo

Re: Modal layer Close button not showing

Post by Pablo »

It is not possible to see what you have done based on the published page.
If you need help then please share a demo project.

Related FAQ:
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 10&t=82134
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

Maybe I can help you with that I did plenty of those stuffs. just show me a picture or give me a demo or just tell in detail what you want. and I will be glad to help you.
Trevor Johnson

Post by Trevor Johnson »

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Is the link to the html.
Ifyou open the link in desktop mode you will see the layer as I want it. If you then reduce the size of the viewport until it changes tonthe 600px version, you will see that there is no close button. If you scroll over to the right it is there but way off a 320px or 460px screen.
Thanks,
Trevor.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I cannot access your project. I get an 'Access denied' error.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@Trevor Johnson It might be best if you simply upload to your own site to share the file(s) or upload to the likes of Mediafire and provide the generated url.
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

The way I saw your website gave me enough grasp of what you actually need. No need for demo.
Here is what you need. And it is responsive in desktop and mobile devices.
Remember to keep the size of the Dialog box (Size 358, 255) you can see the setting on Right Corner "Properties".

This is very important or you will get problems.

Trevor Johnson

Post by Trevor Johnson »

Hi again,
Apologies for not responding sooner, other things got in the way.
wwonderfull
Thank you for your suggestion and detailed instructions which I need because I'm not very good at new stuff. It works much better now thebritishschoollanzarote.com
The only issue is that on some mobile phones the 358 width of the dialog box overlaps the screen in portrait mode so I wonder would it be better to reduce the width of the dialogue to say 320px or make another page version at that breakpoint? At the moment I have the dialogue box set to 600 in RWD and on my version, the text area FULL WIDTH set to 'True'.
Pablo and BaconFries
Thank you also for your help but I seem top have failed in providing the project. I have read the instructions provided but I am next going to try the MediaFire suggestion.
Thank you all so far.
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

Trevor Johnson wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:42 am I wonder would it be better to reduce the width of the dialogue to say 320px or make another page version at that breakpoint? At the moment I have the dialogue box set to 600 in RWD and on my version, the text area FULL WIDTH set to 'True'.
Yeah just give the width 320 and it will be perfectly fine. 320 is actually like really small display size like iPhone 5 but still it is the last of sizes 320 it is.
Trevor Johnson

Post by Trevor Johnson »

Thank you for your help wwonderfull, and for the record I'm now up and running with MediaFire for my next problem when it comes.
Trevor.
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

Trevor Johnson wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:18 pm Thank you for your help wwonderfull, and for the record I'm now up and running with MediaFire for my next problem when it comes.
Trevor.
your welcome 🌹