Vandalism: WYSIWYG videos on youtube

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
razorboy

Vandalism: WYSIWYG videos on youtube

Post by razorboy » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:04 pm

Somebody named Hernán Pena has done a series of youtube instructional WYSIWYG WB11 videos in Spanish - which is good - all with English titles - which is very bad. True, it will get thousands of clicks for the person doing the videos, but the vast majority of English-speaking people do not also speak Spanish. Spanish-speaking people who do not speak English will not click on the titles unless they have time to waste watching what they expect to be videos in English, and unilingual English-speakers - like me - are wasting their time clicking on links which anyone with sense would assume are in English. At best, that's something like vandalism.

I'm not implying that the above is the fault of anyone connected with WYSIWYG, but people should know so that they do not waste their time clicking on that stuff.

Patr100

Re: Vandalism: WYSIWYG videos on youtube

Post by Patr100 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:03 am

razorboy wrote:Somebody named Hernán Pena has done a series of youtube instructional WYSIWYG WB11 videos in Spanish - which is good - all with English titles - which is very bad. True, it will get thousands of clicks for the person doing the videos, but the vast majority of English-speaking people do not also speak Spanish. Spanish-speaking people who do not speak English will not click on the titles unless they have time to waste watching what they expect to be videos in English, and unilingual English-speakers - like me - are wasting their time clicking on links which anyone with sense would assume are in English. At best, that's something like vandalism.

I'm not implying that the above is the fault of anyone connected with WYSIWYG, but people should know so that they do not waste their time clicking on that stuff.

Not really vandalism but it is misleading, and as such can be reported to YT.
Have you reported them as misleading?

razorboy

Post by razorboy » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:17 am

No, I don't have a youtube account.

Andy K

Post by Andy K » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:18 am

I have watched these videos.
No, I don't speak Spanish but they are so well done that by just watching them I can understand what Hernán Pena is explaining.
So my time was not wasted at all.
I appreciate the effort he has put into creating these tutorials, and all of his videos are worth watching https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkjR40 ... Y1Q/videos

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:33 am

I'm not implying that the above is the fault of anyone connected with WYSIWYG
@razorboy please note that the videos are not endorsed by WYSIWYG in anyway what so ever. The videos are made by a Spanish member of the forum who has kindly taking his time to make them for viewing.
Although they are in Spanish there will be many that will find them useful as a visual guide to help them in there development of there project. If you do not find them useful then no one is forcing you to view them and maybe you should take time to develop your own in English videos for all the members to use as a guide.

LTH

Post by LTH » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:04 am

Andy K wrote:I have watched these videos.
No, I don't speak Spanish but they are so well done that by just watching them I can understand what Hernán Pena is explaining.
So my time was not wasted at all.
I appreciate the effort he has put into creating these tutorials, and all of his videos are worth watching https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkjR40 ... Y1Q/videos
I totally agree.

Rass

Post by Rass » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:02 am

I have also watched them and I found them quite intuitive. I appreciate Hernán Pena's effort to explain many subjects kindly and in a simple way, at least for newbies like me.

Biju

Post by Biju » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:37 am

I don't speak or understand Spanish, but I am watching all video tutorials by Hernán Pena. His way of teaching is so simple and understandable.
Even I have downloaded all his videos for future reference.
~ Remain Curious
and Keep Learning ~

Eloy

Post by Eloy » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:10 am

Hay muchísimos usuarios de habla hispana que llevan muchos años usando WYSIWYG. Los vídeos de Hernán Peña son realmente muy buenos y profesionales y sirven de ayuda a toda la comunidad.
Si no les gustan, no los vea, es muy fácil.

Bluesman

Post by Bluesman » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:54 am

razorboy wrote:Somebody named Hernán Pena has done a series of youtube instructional WYSIWYG WB11 videos in Spanish - which is good - all with English titles - which is very bad. True, it will get thousands of clicks for the person doing the videos, but the vast majority of English-speaking people do not also speak Spanish. Spanish-speaking people who do not speak English will not click on the titles unless they have time to waste watching what they expect to be videos in English, and unilingual English-speakers - like me - are wasting their time clicking on links which anyone with sense would assume are in English. At best, that's something like vandalism.

The videos are like other also said... very intuitive and understandable without understanding spanish. I have had some good tips out of them and are grateful to "Hernán". Maybe you also can learn some spanish from them :D
Good Work Hernán, without doubt... I'm not the only one watching your work.
"Make My Day"

See my Website

Starpryde

Post by Starpryde » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:02 pm

I Totally agreed with most member who has been commending the effort of Hernán Pena. The Guy is a very good tutor. Watching his tutorials alone has taught me some Spanish too. The tutorial are all easy to understand even if you don't speak Spanish except you are not vast in WWB.
Possibility and optimism in all things.
See my Work Here

mariojazz

Post by mariojazz » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:52 pm

What I find incredible is that people complain about the altruistic work of others.By the way what seems to me vandalism is to have read your post having lost my time that you have not contributed anything.At least Hernan Pena facilitated me to learn a little more about WB 11.
I wish you a nice day

maxime

Post by maxime » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:44 pm

I Totally agreed with most member who has been commending the effort of Hernán Pena. The Guy is a very good tutor. Watching his tutorials alone has taught me some Spanish too. The tutorial are all easy to understand even if you don't speak Spanish except you are not vast in WWB.
yes samehing for me, i totally aggred with most member and not only that, i do not speak spanish but Herman explanation are really easy to understand because he goes slowly and we can SEE what he does. And finally, after viewing ali of his video i have learned some spanish sentence and words. Thank you Hermann Pena.

It is the same with this forum, i am not an english speaking person but the forum help me to improve my English !

h3rnan

Post by h3rnan » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:22 am

Vandalism???
Hello, I'm Hernán Pena, creator of the videos and many thanks to all who support the channel. Creating each video takes me many hours, always trying to be completely understandable regardless of language. I'm not a guru, but I like to generate content that can be useful to others. I have learned many things with videos in Russian language, and I do not know Russian language !!, it is all about the intention of those who look ... if you want to learn the language is not a limitation at all.
But ... vandalism ??
There are many other options and my channel is not the only one !!!

I do not earn money nor pay me to create the tutorials, but I have won friends and great conversations about design ...
I keep thinking about ... vandalism ??
The good thing about all this is ... we all have the right to say, but it would have been nice to know that there are many hours of work behind each video tutorial. The sum of the comments that leave me on YouTube tells me that I like what I do. And it's enough for me.
Many thanks again to each of you for the comments.
Greetings.
Hernán Pena
Hernán Pena
Web Developer / IT Administrator

aml02873

Post by aml02873 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:28 am

Your video's are great and very clear. I'm dutch, don't speak spanish (exept uno cerveza porfavor) and still your video's are very clear to me. The question is who is vandalising who.