Using csv file for as email distribution list

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
ingasos

Using csv file for as email distribution list

Post by ingasos »

Hi,
I'm trying to get my head round the best way to do the following.

I have a club membership list which is actually a spreadsheet or csv file, the list contains the the names of the members, as well as their email address and the membership category. From time to time I add news items onto the website and some of these news items I would like to send as an email to all members or a particular membership category by pressing a button on the news item page. The page would have a selection list to select the membership category which could be all or a selection of categories.
I would then want it to send the news item to the appropriate members in the CSV file. To add to the problem, we have over 200 members, so it would need to delay the sending of the email to prevent the hosting company barring the email account, as they could think it's spamming out emails.

Has anyone dome something like this on a php webpage or are there any suggestions on the coding required to do this or should I get another drink from the bar :lol: I'm not that good at writing code, but I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks for your feedback
Siggi