Button to close site

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
Senior Paper Monitor

Button to close site

Post by Senior Paper Monitor »

I am sure there will be an easy answer to this - but I don't seem able to locate it !

I have a small minisite to which I link from a client email inviting them to complete a form and show them a success (or failure) page ...

http://www.themortgagelady.xyz/premiersuccess.html

I want to offer them a button that will then close that window - but can't find how to do so.

Any pointers would be much appreciated as I also plan to offer further minisites for minor data collection responses in a similar way.

ON FURTHER INVESTIGATION - appears to work in Explorer but not in Chrome ! Now what ?

AND MORE - works in Edge (does anyone actually use it) but not on Blisk (Chromium / Chrome)
Last edited by Senior Paper Monitor on Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
[RZ]

Re: Button to close site

Post by [RZ] »

due to security restrictions, some browsers (like firefox) won't allow this functionality
you cannot close a page using javascript unless the page itself has been opened via javascript
"hacks" that worked in the past, today do not work or may not work in a future version of that browser
bburgess

Post by bburgess »

Hi Senior Paper Monitor :)

Sorry I can not help with the button, and RZ knows his stuff, so it sounds like it would be problem for all browses.

I am not sure why you want a button, so this may or may not help but, I use a "Timer" that gives them plenty of time to read the page and then send them back to the main site.

I also have a warning letting them know they will be sent back to the main site shortly.

Found in Toolbox > Advanced > Timer
Cheers
BB
KISS is the key!
Senior Paper Monitor

Post by Senior Paper Monitor »

Thanks RZ - at least I'm not going mad !

+ BBurgess - quite like that solution (and have implemented)