Page won't publish but is visable in "preview"

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
sydanddi

Page won't publish but is visable in "preview"

Post by sydanddi » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:36 pm

I am trying to add a column to my "about me" page from the Toledo Blade that a writer wrote on me. I saved it as a jpeg on my computer as there is a picture. When I preview before publishing, it looks great in all browsers, except Internet explorer where I have to "allow blocked content" then shows up fine. Firefox has no problems in the preview, shows up fine. I have tried to add as text, image and also "link" to page with no success after publishing. I have tried to publish entire site and also just the page. No go.
Any one with any ideas, would be great as the column would be nice to add to website. Thanks in advance.
http://www.toledoblade.com/Mary-Alice-P ... iv-gt.html

[RZ]

Re: Page won't publish but is visable in "preview"

Post by [RZ] » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:51 pm

the "allow blocked content" in explorer is usually when you run a page locally (as in preview)
unless a specific security risk, this message should not appear when you navigate a (live) page from internet

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:01 pm

You can read more about what the security message or blocked content at the following
Why do I get a yellow warning bar when I preview my pages? It is always best to provide us a link/url to your own site in question so we can view and see what you have done then try to help.

[RZ]

Post by [RZ] » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:05 pm

oh bacon the link has almost 10 years (just a difference of few days), in another post we said "time flies" uh? :)

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:19 pm

Oh I know but the last part still applies.
Or you can enabled the following option in WWB: Tools->Options->Publish & Preview->Disable IE security warning.

[RZ]

Post by [RZ] » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:28 pm

i just meant about the time, how it literally flies, of course the link it is still valid

sydanddi

Post by sydanddi » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:58 pm

sydanddi wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:36 pm
I am trying to add a column to my "about me" page from the Toledo Blade that a writer wrote on me. I saved it as a jpeg on my computer as there is a picture. When I preview before publishing, it looks great in all browsers, except Internet explorer where I have to "allow blocked content" then shows up fine. Firefox has no problems in the preview, shows up fine. I have tried to add as text, image and also "link" to page with no success after publishing. I have tried to publish entire site and also just the page. No go.
Any one with any ideas, would be great as the column would be nice to add to website. Thanks

http://sydanddianes.com/About_Me.html

sydanddi

Post by sydanddi » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:01 pm

sydanddi wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:58 pm
sydanddi wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:36 pm
Any one with any ideas, would be great as the column would be nice to add to website. Thanks

http://sydanddianes.com/About_Me.html

This a link to what I'd like to add to above page

http://www.toledoblade.com/Mary-Alice-P ... iv-gt.html

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:13 pm

There is no difference between local preview and the publish website,. In both cases the exact same files will be generated.
If the publish page does not looks correct then something must have gone wrong with publishing.

Did you publish all files?
Did you publish the files to the correct folder?
Are there any errors in the publish log?

What exactly have you added? What is the name /ID of the object(s) you have added? Where on the page did you add it?

Please try to be more specific so I can help you more efficiently.