Nice tiled menu but don't know how to implement it in WWB

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
asawyer13

Nice tiled menu but don't know how to implement it in WWB

Post by asawyer13 »

Ok, I have a really nice tiled menu ( I want to use it as a menu) that's responsive, etc. Right now there are hardcoded information in it, but this is more of a proof of concept.

It consists of one php file called UserMenu.php and some .js, css files and a few image files.

It can be downloaded from https://www.dropbox.com/s/mjzjkzxnqgqow ... u.zip?dl=0

Could someone tell me how to put it on a page in WWB and get it to work? If you extract the files and run the php a browser, you should see a nice tiled page that could be used as a menu. I just can't figure out how to get it into WWB and working. It's probably simple for some people, but it's a bit over my head as far as the knowledge of WWB that I currently have.

Any help would be appreciated. If it's easier to just create a wwb project with the page in it, that would be great, though I still don't know how to upload or where to put the css files so that wwb sees them. I THINK I should use File Publisher, but can't seem to locate it in WWB. I see it being referenced in the WWB help, but can't actually find it in the software. Probably just missing it.

Thanks again.
BaconFries

Re: Nice tiled menu but don't know how to implement it in WWB

Post by BaconFries »

You can use the HTML Object for this along with the File Publisher Object for any external files.
Add HTML In general help is not offered on external code/scripts as it is understood if you want to use you understand how to use yourself. Note if the script uses PHP then you will need to upload to your host/server to see the results as you cannot run PHP locally in preview.
asawyer13

Post by asawyer13 »

Ok, I didn't realize that the File Publisher was an actual to drop into my page.

Okay, I will play some more and see if I can figure out how to get it working.

Thanks
asawyer13

Post by asawyer13 »

I uploaded the css etc and it actually shows the menu.

It doesn't line up very well, but at least it's there.

I guess I think of this forum not as just a WWB support forum that I would expect Pablo to answer, but a forum where users like yourself might be able to help where you have expertise.

For example, the 3rd part works, but it's not putting it where I need it to be. That's not really a 3rd party script, but something that I don't know how to do properly in WWB yet. I will eventually know the product much better, but right now, I'm pretty new to it.

Alan
asawyer13

Post by asawyer13 »

I am able to get the "menu" to show properly and it's responsive, however it's at the bottom of my page, after the footer.

I am close and I will figure it out. I think it's a question of where I'm having the code inserted.

Thanks for your direction BaconFries, it helped me out a lot.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

When I mentioned that support is not offered then it is meant from the likes of Pablo, and moderators ( like myself) other members can assist if they wish to. At the moment I cannot assist you as I am on vacation/holiday and have no access to a PC. See forum rules on this
Forum Rules
asawyer13

Post by asawyer13 »

Ok, so now I have a WWB question related to this.

On my page, I have a master page, so in the generated code, WWB has the code for the header and the footer. I need to put my code between those two. How can I tell WWB to do this? I have tried all the options that I "Type" for HTML Properties. I am probably just doing something wrong, but have not been able to figure it out. If I manually edit the generated page and put my "menu" between the generated header and footer, it works great.

is it possible that I have something wrong setup in my Master Page? It appears to just not be putting the html code in the Content Place Holder of the Master page.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

If the code needs to be inside the page body then you can use an HTML object on the master page.
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/add_html.html
asawyer13

Post by asawyer13 »

Since I only need the html code on one page, is there a way I can include it in the master frame, but only execute it on a particular page?

Alan
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

In that case you will need to place it on the page where you want to include it. You can also use the HTML object for this.

Please note that if you want to add external/third party code then some basic knowledge of HTML is required. This is not something I can teach you.
asawyer13

Post by asawyer13 »

I have added it on the page I want it.

The issue is that WWB needs to insert it at the Content Place Holder of the Master Frame. It seems like it doesn't want to put it there no matter what option I use in the HTML Type dropdown.

Again it may just be something I'm doing wrong, but I can't figure out how to get WWB to put it where it needs to be.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Without seeing what you have done it will be difficult to help you.

Again I would like to note that I cannot assist you with external scripts. For me it may also take a long time to figure out how to use the code.
If I needed to help everyone with external scripts then there would not be any time left to improve the software itself, because this usually takes a lot of time.

However if the code does not work then please see 'Help! The inserted HTML does not work!'in the tutorial:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/add_html.html

Maybe it's a good idea to first try it on an empty page without a master page?
asawyer13

Post by asawyer13 »

I will continue to work on it. The problem is not that the 3rd party script doesn't work, it's that I can't figure out how to get WWB to place the html code in the page in the proper place in the script generated by WWB. I can manually move the html code that's been inserted in the wrong place in the generated code and that will fix it, I just then need to be careful about generating all the pages again.

I'll work with, don't want you to spend any more time looking at it.

Thanks
Alan
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The code will be inserted exactly where you place it.
However if the code modifies the position, conflict with other code or has other special requirements then you will have to modify it.
Of course the application does not know how the the inserted code works, it will be inserted "AS IS".

Note that every script is different. There are no generic instructions to make every script work. It all depends on the script.
Also note that even the smallest mistake may have effect on the behavior of the script. For example, if you forgot one character then it may not work as expected.