Google Analytics

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
Rob

Google Analytics

Post by Rob »

A typical webdesign client that I service has the following analytics over a typical calendar year for 2017:

Technology: Primary browser = chrome, primary os = windows (7), primary screen resolution = 1024x768 ?
Mobile: Primary device type = desktop then mobile then tablet in distant 3rd,
Primary device = Apple iPhone.
QBQ is if primary device is desktop, and primary resolution is 1024x768 (ipad?), and primary mobile device is iPhone, how can this be? Are there desktop computers that use default resolution of 1024/768?

Discuss?

On a side note, I myself have a 22" monitor with default resolution of 1920px wide but find I need to zoom in to 1536. Anyone else? Just curious. How does this affect how you design websites (other than making them responsive).
The Website Guy - MN
Small Business Web Design
Magical

Re: Google Analytics

Post by Magical »

I think a few years back most of the sites went to centrist format. The sides were blank and the center had content. This was the best way to offset the changing sizes.

Even with the transition to the full page design it is a different story.