Setting tab order without using a Form

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
brianv

Setting tab order without using a Form

Post by brianv »

Hi

I've been using WYSIWYG Web Builder for a number of years and it is still my go to program for laying out web forms. However, I never use the <form> element, I just lay out the fields on the page. Our own coding takes care of how the fields interact with each other and how they are saved.

The one thing I miss by doing this is a simple way to set the tab order for the fields. Is there any way the set tab order could be done whether or not an actual form exists? In HTML, without any tabindexes, the tab key will step through any fields, links or buttons from left to right, top to bottom. In the absence of being able to control the tab order the default approach would be fine.

What I would therefore like to be able to do is globally remove/set all "tabindex" settings on a page. Is there any way of doing this on a page that doesn't contain a form?

Thanks for your time.

Brian
Pablo

Re: Setting tab order without using a Form

Post by Pablo »

I'm sorry, this feature is only available for forms.
This is a very unusual situation, so the software was not be designed to take this into account.