grid V layers

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
GrahamW

grid V layers

Post by GrahamW »

just as a matter of interest what is peoples opinions of using Grid verses layers

I guess the question what is the prefered or is that not a real issue to go either way.

For me personally I am trying to use Grid for everything even though it is not a versatile as the layer

Graham
alexmasss

Re: grid V layers

Post by alexmasss »

Grids are ok for tablet/smartphone layout optimization but in case of a very specific positioning requirement the layers are the best solution one can choose. Can't say the grid is better than a layer or viceversa because it depends on the effect you want to achieve. Several types of layers offer many possibilites that grids do not. I preffer always a combination between them. Thanks to Pablo for the wonderful possibilities he created for us.
zinc

Re: grid V layers

Post by zinc »

I always use layers. Very rarely I use LG. In fact ever since I use WWB, all my designs are layer based.
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...