Sublime Text

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
Hobbyist

Sublime Text

Post by Hobbyist »

I am trying to use Sublime Text to open the entire website. I can open individual files within the Published WYSIWYG folder, but I cannot find a way to look at the whole WYSIWYG website all in one Sublime Text folder.

Can someone tell me if there is a way to view my whole website in Sublime Text? Is this a WYSIWYG issue? Am I doing something wrong?

(I have not been able to open the whole site in one Sublime Text page. So that is what I am asking for help doing.)
BaconFries

Re: Sublime Text

Post by BaconFries »

Why would this be a WYSIWYG Web Builder issue? What are you trying to do?. If Sublime is just a Text Editor similar to Notepad++ then you should have no issues opening the HTML files once published. If you are trying to say open the .wbs then this is not possible as the project data is binary data. Maybe the issue is with Sublime, so blame it, and not WB. For help with Sublime you should post this to them as they have there own Forum for Q&A about its use.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

WYSIWYG Web Builder outputs standard HTML code, how this is viewed by another editor has nothing to do with the software.
All pages are separate files.
Hobbyist

Post by Hobbyist »

All pages are separate files.
Ok so that is the reason. I bought this program so I would not have to learn web design from scratch. I am finding the tutorials fascinating. So WYSIWYG breaks down different HTML files into separate pages.

Normally if you are a web designer it is mostly on 1 page?

@Baconfries. I am merely curious. I built a website on W**dp***s in a few days. I removed it after watching tutorials and having WYSIWG recommended to me. There is so much creativity. I am working from easiest "W**dp***s" to harder "WYSIWYG" to scratch built websites. The program tools are so many the dilemma is that it would be good if I could launch your website HTML CSS and JAVA on one page. I can edit the pages so it does not matter. You can copy and paste them to a new html wordpad as well.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

So WYSIWYG breaks down different HTML files into separate pages.
This is not specific to WWB, any web design tool will do that!
No. You will always have multiple files. Unless you have placed all content on one page.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

So WYSIWYG breaks down different HTML files into separate pages.
Correct, but this is also true of other Web Design tools such as S*r*f W*b Pl*s, C**f*eC*p.
What makes you think this? This isn't entirely true, yes you can design a one page site with all content on one page, but in general you will have multiple pages. Just look the main site of WYSIWYG Web Builder it spans over multiple pages itself.
Hobbyist

Post by Hobbyist »

I am asking questions not telling you what I think. I want to combine WYSIWYG with other options. I understand that website builders and web designers use multiple pages after starting this thread. My next question would be why do they use multiple pages if building from scratch instead of just one? I can figure that out on my own. It is irrelevant to my purpose which is to create the best website possible.