Cookies

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
Senior Paper Monitor

Cookies

Post by Senior Paper Monitor »

With GDPR (and our compliance masters) looming, is it easy to obtain the list of cookies used on my sites either on WWB or off the site html itself - if so where, how ?

We are told we need to provide an 'extended cookie policy' !

UPDATE: Might have answered my own question ...

http://www.cookie-checker.com/

... but welcome any other input on the subject.
Pablo

Re: Cookies

Post by Pablo »

WWB websites do not use any tracking cookies unless you have added them yourself.
Senior Paper Monitor

Thanks Pablo - if we use the 'cookie policy' extension (I have this left on a coupe of sites) does his insert anything ?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Cookie policy is just a message. it does not track/store any personal data.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Thanks Pablo - if we use the 'cookie policy' extension (I have this left on a coupe of sites) does his insert anything ?
Why not use the url you gave to check the url(s) of the sites you have used the 'cookie policy' extension on for results.
Senior Paper Monitor

I did but asking the question was a good way to (at least partially) check its accuracy
Rob

Post by Rob »

What is everyone doing for privacy policies? Does EU law say the user must "opt in" via the cookie policy before viewing the website? Link? Or simply have it available on the contact form / footer etc?

https://www.iubenda.com/en/pricing
The Website Guy - MN
Small Business Web Design
zinc

Post by zinc »

Rob wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 11:15 pm What is everyone doing for privacy policies? Does EU law say the user must "opt in" via the cookie policy before viewing the website? Link? Or simply have it available on the contact form / footer etc?

https://www.iubenda.com/en/pricing
I am providing a link to a PDF which contains details on Cookies. I will NOT actively providing a cookie option (Unless the client insists)
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
Hbrownell

Post by Hbrownell »

Has there been any updates on this since the new laws in the EU should be starting this year or next? IE will any cookie on/off option with a button and tracking be available? Or am I miss-understanding this and there is no need for such a device? (Just leave it to a message saying you have cookies and leave it at that?)